Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 09:21 AM

122 posts, read 113,838 times

Advertisements

There's a poster here that reminds me of a character in The night of the iguana.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 09:12 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,754,319 times
Honest disclaimer ... I had a question and semi-stupid question I guess. My harsh comments are coming from a place of silly deep sadness (which is absolutely unreasonable based on my circumstances and in reality I know I am being a huge stupid brat). I found out something that I have been dying inside to know for 16 years a few days ago and even though the answer should have been obvious it flipped my head and heart upside down and my world just span totally out of control. This song came to me this morning by random fluke and just saved me ..... I don't speak Spanish ... but just knew what it meant (I just searched the lyrics to it in English and this song is 150% of what I have been feeling in regards to 1 person for 16 years. I push someone away I was madly in love with out of pride and have partially always regretted it. It was not meant to be. Closing that door open up the whole world to me. Now I know he is okay and I now I feel like I need to start remember I am okay too. Relationships are crazy complicated no matter who is in them. The most complicated one is the one I am having with myself right now..... as an adult ... having to live a very adult life ... who so clearly wishes I could still be a teenager. When you have just about everything you thought you wanted in life and your are still not happy it is time for some serious soul searching and self exploration. Sorry for being a ****** ... it has been my chosen mask for pretending everything is okay for years. Life goes on ... and we all (self included) do stuff we probably should not do to get by ( retracting my previous judgemental harshness completely) ... I brushed aside the fact I also have a survivor mentality and would likely do whatever I needed to do to get by when push comes to shove. Why I am posting this here ... well if I told anyone who knew me they would think I was nuts ( and obviously I am just a little). I also feel like I should suck back out some of the negative energy I put out in to the world specifically with this thread. If you ever get your heart broken ... you might get where I am coming from. Everything happens for a reason. Maybe I should visit Mexico this year ! Sorry ... good night and good luck .

Last edited by klmrocks; 05-18-2016 at 10:10 PM..

Old 05-22-2016, 10:05 PM

469 posts, read 400,153 times
I read this entire thread. I will just add that it works both ways. I am a 50+ single woman who travels in Mexico and other central/south American countries, usually by myself, on vacation. I am somewhat fat. In other words, no longer the beauty I once was

I can honestly say that every time, at least once, a local man tries to strike up a romance and convince me to take him home with me. I guess they think I am rich or something. I will say that I usually hang out in places that are not normal tourist destinations. Sometimes they seem quite desperate. I took my kids (adults) with me once to Belize and had to explain that the guy was a "rastitute" and not really infatuated with me. I seem to attract them wherever I go, even Hawaii...and no, I don't hook up with any of them. They are clearly looking for a ticket out - any ticket - and a single American woman with her own money (no matter how old or fat) must like a gold mine to them. It's sad, really. And the American men that fall for it are just stupid if you ask me. I do realize Hawaii is part if the US but by then it had gotten to be a joke and it even happened there.

A couple of men that I know personally have fallen for it. Didn't end well for either. One unhappy long term marriage (as in "I am just waiting to die" because they clearly were no happy but had a passel of kids) and one who got dumped like a bag of garbage as soon as she got her citizenship. Both were socially awkward men who never got female attention in the US and fell for the game. I knew a third who basically bought a wife from the Ukraine. She spoke no English. He brought her to a party and was totally oblivions to the fact that she cringed every time he put his arm around her. He was in hog heaven because he had a beautiful woman in his arm. I couldn't speak with her, either, but I touched her arm, looked in her eyes, and nodded. I just wanted her to know that someone saw her as a person. I've never forgotten her.

Taking advantage of someone because you have social/financial power is wrong.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:09 AM

122 posts, read 113,838 times

Old 05-23-2016, 06:35 AM

16,260 posts, read 43,307,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Okay am going to ask this because this has been a particularly interesting topic I wanted to discuss for a long time. Over and over again I hear men from Canada and USA talk about how women in Latin American countries when they travel are so much warmer and friendlier. I also note that many of these men are not really considered great catches by Canadian and American standards, but often end up with women that are usually far more physically attractive then they are or are much younger then them. This honestly sparks my curiosity as some of these men just try and justify these conventionally illogical attractions to them by women in these countries as "women there are just less judgemental of men". In my opinion I can't help feel that this sounds like a lot of nonsense and there is way more to this unusual attraction as if you are a 5 out of 10 in Canada and some girl that looks like a super model is throwing herself at you in Latin America I am suspicious. The other factor that I find funny is that if it was just that these men where attracted to women that look Latin American then they would easily find Latin American women in Canada and the USA. Also really interested in knowing what Latin American men think of this? Is it possible that women are more forgiving of the same annoying tendencies of men if they are from somewhere else? Please fill me in? In a few cases I thought to myself maybe she does not understand what you are staying and in turn does not really understand you are actually really socially awkward and annoying? (Sounds harsh ... but you might think I am being kind if you have actually met some of these people). I swear I am not trying to be troll, but to discuss this fantasy that I feel a lot of Canadian and American men have about Latin American women. Is it fact or fiction?
My personal feeling is that WOMEN, if given a choice, would prefer to marry UPWARD, into what provides the most for their future kids. Any woman in Latin America, rightly or wrongly, PERCEIVES that anyone with a U.S. Passport, can provide that, for them.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:55 AM

Default Not sure what your point is ?

If you are suggesting most women in Canada or the USA look like either of the pictures you have listed it just further suggests you really have not had much exposure to them.

Old 05-27-2016, 03:33 PM

Default Fear of feminists ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by baal200 View Post
The other side of the coin...meeting young and hot women that are not feminists, not riddled with guilt..
I got to laugh. Why do so many men express such fear of feminists? When people.. specifically men talk like this it makes me wonder what kind of people they are ex how they treat women. Ex are they control freaks who are scared of women that can hold their own in the world ? It seems so silly to think like this. If you dislike someone for wanting to be treated fairly .. what kind of person does that make you? A bully... selfish ...disrespectful?

Old 05-31-2016, 05:22 PM

2,156 posts, read 1,457,826 times
Quote:
Okay am going to ask this because this has been a particularly interesting topic I wanted to discuss for a long time. Over and over again I hear men from Canada and USA talk about how women in Latin American countries when they travel are so much warmer and friendlier. I also note that many of these men are not really considered great catches by Canadian and American standards, but often end up with women that are usually far more physically attractive then they are or are much younger then them. This honestly sparks my curiosity as some of these men just try and justify these conventionally illogical attractions to them by women in these countries as "women there are just less judgemental of men". In my opinion I can't help feel that this sounds like a lot of nonsense and there is way more to this unusual attraction as if you are a 5 out of 10 in Canada and some girl that looks like a super model is throwing herself at you in Latin America I am suspicious. The other factor that I find funny is that if it was just that these men where attracted to women that look Latin American then they would easily find Latin American women in Canada and the USA. Also really interested in knowing what Latin American men think of this? Is it possible that women are more forgiving of the same annoying tendencies of men if they are from somewhere else? Please fill me in? In a few cases I thought to myself maybe she does not understand what you are staying and in turn does not really understand you are actually really socially awkward and annoying? (Sounds harsh ... but you might think I am being kind if you have actually met some of these people). I swear I am not trying to be troll, but to discuss this fantasy that I feel a lot of Canadian and American men have about Latin American women. Is it fact or fiction?
Men often put a lot of value on a very good looking woman.

Women often put a great deal of value on a man's ability to help them.

On the surface, it appears that everybody gets what they want. How long it lasts depends, but often I suspect the length of time isn't that important.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:47 AM

Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baal200 View Post
Not only that. Women in developing countries are like women were in our countries when we were poor as rats. Down to earth women whose brains are not filled with birds and PC b.s. Not only that, women in those countries age better as they don't go nuts when they don't find a blue prince after certain age.
1. What is a blue prince?
2. You really don't have clue do you?

It always amazes me how pathetic people can be. To be willing to have someone be with them just because they are getting something out of it. There is a certain lack of person depth about certain people that makes me want to vomit. Yuck.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:38 AM

813 posts, read 1,136,229 times
Quote:
1. What is a blue prince?
2. You really don't have clue do you?

It always amazes me how pathetic people can be. To be willing to have someone be with them just because they are getting something out of it. There is a certain lack of person depth about certain people that makes me want to vomit. Yuck.
He should have said "Blue eyed prince" like myself. The phrase is actually "Principe Azul" which is basically "Prince Charming" and used a lot for Blond haired, blue eyed guys. When I was in my 50's, 8teenies were all over me, now in my 60's it is the women in their 40's who are after "El Zorra del plata".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas