Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 08:44 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,407,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Falcon View Post
I also don't consider that Cuba is the same box of the universe of the thread.
It's totally distinct case.
As is each Latin country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 03:39 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times
Default It is fraud ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinsapo View Post
As they say in Cuba..."se cae de la mata", it's something obvious. Not a fraud, why a fraud! CAVEAT EMPTOR.
Unless both people clearly understand that the person is only getting married with them for the ability to leave the country it is fraud and in my opinion of the lowest kind. If the people are actually in love that is one thing, but marriage for the sole purpose of immigration is considered fraud. I have never been desperate enough to take advantage of someone like that so I can't directly relate. The practice is absolutely shameful and disgraceful regardless of where in the world it is happening in my opinion. I personally would not associate with someone who did that sort of thing as if someone has low enough morals to con someone in to believing they loved them just to immigrate somewhere what other low disgraceful things are they capable of? In the hierarchy of things that disgust me, people who do this kind of stuff are very high up on the list. Far worse then prostitution as at least prostitutes are up front about the situation and it is a clear upfront business transaction. Absolutely shameless behaviour.

Old 04-23-2016, 06:47 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,794,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Falcon View Post
This report on a magazine of opposition to the current Brazilian government (who is suffering impeachmeant) caused a great frisson in Brazil this week. Entitled "Housewife, beautiful and maidenlike", I think that has a lot to do with your thread. It's about the vice-president's wife.

[url=http://veja.abril.com.br/noticia/brasil/bela-recatada-e-do-lar]Marcela Temer: bela, recatada e[/url]

Feminists got crazy about it.
Omg, I don't think femenists got upset with this, I can see women in general getting upset. This is who they are supposed to look up to?

A 20 year old beauty queen participant marries a 62 year old politician. Her responsibilities are being a socialite, having dinners in lavish settings and 'taking care of the house' and her son (more like, going to spas and shopping while the maids take care of the house). They interview her famous hairdresser who says she is nice and has manners. They return from vacation over safety concerns due to the current political climate, because people are upset(you don't say!).

Hmmmm...This is so disconnected from the reality most women live, especially in Brazil.

Old 04-23-2016, 07:26 PM

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Omg, I don't think femenists got upset with this, I can see women in general getting upset. This is who they are supposed to look up to?

A 20 year old beauty queen participant marries a 62 year old politician. Her responsibilities are being a socialite, having dinners in lavish settings and 'taking care of the house' and her son (more like, going to spas and shopping while the maids take care of the house). They interview her famous hairdresser who says she is nice and has manners. They return from vacation over safety concerns due to the current political climate, because people are upset(you don't say!).

Hmmmm...This is so disconnected from the reality most women live, especially in Brazil.
Women in my generation where I am from now usually don't aspire to marry an old man wealthy man unless they are super low class because they know they could possibly work hard and strategically to be a wealthy woman? Who wants to sit in the side like a decoration when you could be calling the shots or at least have an equal say in all matters. I have no issues with men 60s wanting to have an active sex life, but if they can't have one with someone closer to their age, why should someone younger want them? I have no problem with the idea of men and women being sexually active at all ages and actually think it should be encouraged, but find it ridiculous that someone chooses to be chasing after someone so much younger. I am saving sexual experiences with someone in their 60s plus until I get closer to that age ! I am sure the experience will be just as great then if with the right person.

Old 04-23-2016, 10:14 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,794,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Women in my generation where I am from now usually don't aspire to marry an old man wealthy man unless they are super low class because they know they could possibly work hard and strategically to be a wealthy woman? Who wants to sit in the side like a decoration when you could be calling the shots or at least have an equal say in all matters. I have no issues with men 60s wanting to have an active sex life, but if they can't have one with someone closer to their age, why should someone younger want them? I have no problem with the idea of men and women being sexually active at all ages and actually think it should be encouraged, but find it ridiculous that someone chooses to be chasing after someone so much younger. I am saving sexual experiences with someone in their 60s plus until I get closer to that age ! I am sure the experience will be just as great then if with the right person.
I usually don't think anything of differences in ages for couples, but this one seems too much of a difference. But whatever floats your boat. Lol

The issue I have is women like this being given the spotlight and being promoted as someone to look up to.

Old 04-24-2016, 08:38 AM

Default Nothing much to look up too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
I usually don't think anything of differences in ages for couples, but this one seems too much of a difference. But whatever floats your boat. Lol

The issue I have is women like this being given the spotlight and being promoted as someone to look up to.
Women like this drop the standards so low for women in general. In my opinion it also paints a very negative picture of the character of her husband. It must be cultural, but when I think of a women marrying that young in general and the to a man that old in my head I just assume she must be from a really bad or low class family or have a family that just does not really care about her. Then again I also don't think very much about people who push their kids in to beauty pageants in general so my values are clearly very different so I just don't want to get this situation.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:51 AM

Default No!

Quote:
Who cares what women in your generation want in your country? Maybe that feminazi set of mind is what provokes the stampede of men to Cuba and elsewhere.

You are like the typical uptight Canadian feminazi judging people in company of younger girls.

You should keep your parochial attitudes to yourself. You are starting to sound like a religious fanatic disguised as a pseudoprogressive American basher that shops in K-Mart.

When you travel, you should keep your morals to yourself or you will give a bad name to your country. They will think that Canadians are ridiculous.

Whited sepulchres.
This is the joy of freedom of speech. Maybe you are still to influenced by communism to get that? I can and will think and say what I want. My voice is no less important or valid then anyone else's. I am not even religious, just not willing to be traded, bought or sold like a ***** or slave. People can do as they want. We are all judging other people to some extent. Unless you are blind, deaf, dumb as well delusional. You are entitled to your opinion. I am not really to interests in changing it.

Re-thinking women from my generation or country are ridiculous ... I doubt many Canadians would care about the opinion of anyone who seems broken, oppressed, envious and bitter. The person in a better position rarely looks to someone in a worse off position for advise unless it relates to getting an idea of what not to do to be in that position.

I am starting to think Fidel Castro had a genius idea about letting people who are criminals, disloyal, prostitutes and hustlers leave years ago .... Who wants people like this to stay anyways? So when sleezy pathetic men from places like Canada crawl over to places like Cuba to find a women .... I guess Canadian women should be thankful for taking our garbage, but sadly they often bring there chosen gutter brides back to Canada and we get be absorb the social issues that accompany that. The sexes could just as easily reversed in this example. This is why the government sees this is fraud and also holds the person who sponsors then accountable ex why they are legally responsible to support them.

Last edited by klmrocks; 04-24-2016 at 12:07 PM..

Old 04-24-2016, 12:10 PM

Default ?

Quote:
Right, in that sense Cuba is far more similar to former USSR.
In the former USRR as in Cuba, age does not count but POWER.
During communism what counted was POWER (privileges) (PROTOCOL), that has been replaced by money.
Westeners are "powerful" per se.
In Cuba, young women are a symbol of power, so all the "historical leaders" have tons of young girlfriends and a large number of children.
Power? Oh yes! Keep trying to convince yourself of that ...

Old 04-24-2016, 03:24 PM

1,212 posts, read 1,435,057 times
I was talking about today's Russia and East Europe, as well about average Latin America.
I was talking about marriage with women of countries of lesser income, not about dictatorships.

I also consider absurd to judge someone from a country like that and like I've said I don't think this fit in this thread. It's something completely different.

Old 04-24-2016, 06:31 PM

Found this article and thought is was interesting. Make what you will of it.

Five Rules of Cuban Attraction - Road Junky Guides

Not sure what this kind of behaviour means, but for many people like myself it seems like ... low ... low ... low class behaviour. No one appears to be putting a gun to these women's head. Acting like this does not appear to be a life or death situation. Absolutely shameful. I doubt all Cuban women or people are like this in general, but this paints a really pathetic picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas