Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 08:59 PM

122 posts, read 131,554 times

Advertisements

Too bad this mamacita is going to be out of circulation for a while:

Colombian Beauty Queen Sentenced To 15 Years In Prison For Drug Smuggling | Uncova
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 04:33 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,417,425 times
15 years in chinese prison. She will more than likely try to commit suicide at some point. I feel bad for her.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:32 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,732,850 times
Too bad .. so sad. If you are stupid and arrogant enough to cocaine on you when flying on an international fight the time is well deserved. Laws apply to everyone ... even beauty queen. I could understand if she accidently was caught with a legit medication that happened to be illegal or require a prescription and got in trouble... but she was caught with Cocaine on her. I will save my sympathy for a situation and person deserving of it. Let this be a cautionary tale for everyone. Don't punk around with the stuff you have in your bags when travelling.

拜拜啦! (bài bài la)

Last edited by klmrocks; 07-28-2016 at 10:42 AM..

Old 07-28-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Too bad .. so sad. If you are stupid and arrogant enough to cocaine on you when flying on an international fight the time is well deserved. Laws apply to everyone ... even beauty queen. I could understand if she accidently was caught with a legit medication that happened to be illegal or require a prescription and got in trouble... but she was caught with Cocaine on her. I will save my sympathy for a situation and person deserving of it. Let this be a cautionary tale for everyone. Don't punk around with the stuff you have in your bags when travelling.

拜拜啦! (bài bài la)
No one deserves 15 years for small amounts of drugs for personal use. It is better to be aware of what can happen in some of these countries. I hate excessive punishments for the small fish because it is so easy to set someone up, put drugs in their bag and away they go for long years. This could happen to you whenever you give up control of your luggage.

Old 07-28-2016, 02:26 PM

Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by etek View Post
No one deserves 15 years for small amounts of drugs for personal use. It is better to be aware of what can happen in some of these countries. I hate excessive punishments for the small fish because it is so easy to set someone up, put drugs in their bag and away they go for long years. This could happen to you whenever you give up control of your luggage.
Did you even read the information under the news caption. Before travelling you should know the laws of the country. If you look in to the facts behind the case. The intention for to sell it. She had like 610 grams of cocaine on her and did this knowingly. Her excuses ranged from she needed the money to pay to compete in Mrs. World Beauty contest to I was threatened in to doing it. Smell like BS to me. No one put this in her bag. She knew it was there. This is no case of someone getting set up. She could of got the dealth penalty and was lucky she did not. Like I said the law apply to everyone... no exemption for being beauty queen should be allowed. If anything she deserves to be hit with a harsher punishment to prove a point due to her status.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Did you even read the information under the news caption. Before travelling you should know the laws of the country. If you look in to the facts behind the case. The intention for to sell it. She had like 610 grams of cocaine on her and did this knowingly. Her excuses ranged from she needed the money to pay to compete in Mrs. World Beauty contest to I was threatened in to doing it. Smell like BS to me. No one put this in her bag. She knew it was there. This is no case of someone getting set up. She could of got the dealth penalty and was lucky she did not. Like I said the law apply to everyone... no exemption for being beauty queen should be allowed. If anything she deserves to be hit with a harsher punishment to prove a point due to her status.

So the small-time coke-head gets 15 years in China. It is still considered an excessive sentence in most of the non-barbaric world.
BTW, according to the story only about half of the 600 grams she was carrying was pure cocaine.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:12 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,417,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by etek View Post
Yeah i agree. Its always sad to see young people ruin their lives like this. That was not a large amount of coke. I suspect if she wasn't a Latina beauty queen certain peolple might be more sympathetic.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:27 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,098,150 times
I'd say she got off quite lightly considering the death penalty is an option for drug offenses. If she wasn't a beautiful foreigner she'd be in deeper ****.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
I'd say she got off quite lightly considering the death penalty is an option for drug offenses. If she wasn't a beautiful foreigner she'd be in deeper ****.
Asians are used to being treated like sh*t by their governments, but it's kind of harsh for the rest of the world.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:50 PM

Laws are supposed to be blind. Someone should be not exemption based on other attributes. She was trafficking drugs. You do the crime ... you do the time. She knew what she was doing. Get you genitals out of your judgement and try and be objective. How ridiculous. ..Oh it was not pure coccain. ... even better they were running a con on top of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas