Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 12:31 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,793,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
After reading some of the posts authored by Irene which were since deleted I wouldn't be surprised if Irene was a lonely unemployed Mexican-American male with a prison record living in a tiny dusty town in south Texas watching the tumble weeds blow by in the wind wishing he had a different life.

The post which stated that he pretty much hated Mexicans because they were everything he wasn't was way too personal.
She's a racist South American, thats all she is. She has a superiority complex and there are many out there. They look down upon the countries in Latin America that have a large Native population. The thing with Mexico is, since it is large and has had an influential presence in the Spanish speaking world, it bothers these types of people even more.

She also belittles and speaks poorly of Central Americans all the time.

Obviously not every SA is like this, but this is not rare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 08:32 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
She's a racist South American, thats all she is. She has a superiority complex and there are many out there. They look down upon the countries in Latin America that have a large Native population. The thing with Mexico is, since it is large and has had an influential presence in the Spanish speaking world, it bothers these types of people even more.

There''s alot of messed up people out there I've got two words for their superiority complex. I've got a good meditation for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92i5m3tV5XY

Old 09-08-2016, 09:40 PM

Quote:
There''s alot of messed up people out there I've got two words for their superiority complex. I've got a good meditation for that.

[youtube]92i5m3tV5XY[/youtube]
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92i5m3tV5XY[/url]

Old 09-09-2016, 04:19 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
wishing he had a different life.
This is what I think. She's somehow role playing. She'd like to travel, explore, live abroad, be cosmopolitan, but no, she is stuck in Colombia with supposedly a boring job and boyfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post

She has a superiority complex towards Northern Europeans too. We're supposedly sooooo boring, materialistic and PC sheep.

Old 09-09-2016, 06:02 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times
Yeah she likes to role play. Like that time she claimed to be in Africa. She described it as being in a setting like the show big brother. She said she was sitting around a pool topless with a bunch of European guys and the American and Canadian ladies were jealous of her..........She has also claimed to be a black jazz musician from the American south. I doubt she is even from Colombia because the other Colombians on here frequently correct her or seem baffled by the claims she makes.

Old 09-09-2016, 07:41 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Yeah she likes to role play. Like that time she claimed to be in Africa. She described it as being in a setting like the show big brother. She said she was sitting around a pool topless with a bunch of European guys and the American and Canadian ladies were jealous of her..........She has also claimed to be a black jazz musician from the American south. I doubt she is even from Colombia because the other Colombians on here frequently correct her or seem baffled by the claims she makes.
Yeah, yeah, I remember the Africa thing. She was teaching dancing in Namibia, and said it was awesome. Well, I replied that I actually have a friend who was an exchange student and shot down all Irene's claims. She pretty quickly stopped that role play. While my friend thought it was indeed awesome, it was a different awesome from Irene's claims.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
I remember that...I think it is true what Ariete says. She is unhappy in her life and probably stuck, wants to be a world traveler, but people who actually travel see right through the BS she posts because the things she says are so contrived and stereotypical. She tries to start collected and composed, but then the evil bursts out....

Africans are all happy, Americans are all evil consumerists (there's a huge recycling movement here), Mexicans all look like George Lopez and are ignorant Indians (a 19th century perspective), Northern Europeans are all cold and boring, South Americans are all happy, sexy and exotic (LMAO). Whatever.

Old 09-09-2016, 05:07 PM

844 posts, read 1,063,877 times
Default Piyali!

In Mexico we use plenty of pre-columbian words; aguacate, molcajete, jitomate, tepetape, chapulin, nixtamal, etc...
Myself, I am trying to incorporate more to expand my vocabulary.

Tlaxcamati

Old 09-09-2016, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztecgoddess View Post
In Mexico we use plenty of pre-columbian words; aguacate, molcajete, jitomate, tepetape, chapulin, nixtamal, etc...
Myself, I am trying to incorporate more to expand my vocabulary.

Tlaxcamati
Elote, papalote, popote, mitote, tamal, xcuincle (haha). The Tijuana soccer team is Xoloscuintles.

I tried learning Mixteco- VERY hard language to learn.

Last edited by rosa surf; 09-09-2016 at 07:15 PM..

Old 09-09-2016, 06:23 PM

6,357 posts, read 7,768,830 times
This has nothing to do with the OP and what she is all about, but I'd like to relate a little story about a Mexican we encountered one year in the middle of Terra Caliente, (Rio Balsas valley, about half way between D.F. and Acapulco). I was the field assistant for a geologist on a project we were working on. It involved using satellite imagery to map the terrains, (miniature continental plates), in southern Mexico. We'd work in the lab most of the year, but went down to Terra Caliente for several weeks each year during the dry season to check out our in-lab interpretations.

The field work involved taking geologic measurements and gathering rock samples of places we saw in the satellite imagery. One area we saw and wanted to investigate turned out to be a pepper field in the middle of nowhere. We took the car as far as we could, then hoofed it from there.

Along the road upon which we were walking came a tiny little fellow with skin the most bronze color I have ever seen in my life. Must have been four feet nothing and weighed a hundred pounds. No way to tell how old he was. Could have been anywhere between 40 and 80. He had a huge bundle of palm fronds on his back that he was taking from somewhere. And had his little dog with him.

Of course, being a dog lover, I immediately started to crouch down to interact with the dog. Oh no! I was chastised for that. Turned out to be a work dog, not a pet. Anyway, we tried talking with him and his Castellano was very, very poor. Could barely understand a thing he said.

He wanted to know what we were doing out there in the middle of nowhere and after about ten minutes of trying to explain to him, he just couldn't grasp the concept. Totally couldn't understand why anyone would want to theoretically map rocks and geology. I'm sure he thought we were crazy.

After we went on our way, we discussed him and my associate, who is a lot more fluent than I, said that there was not a drop of Spanish blood in him. He was 100% indigenous.

So . . . there are still some in the very remotest villages who still speak their native tongue.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas