Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2018, 11:04 AM

55 posts, read 100,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You can travel with these jobs, but each other has a certain amount of time you are allowed to stay there legally without some sort of long term visa.

Rather than just talking to people on City Data, you will need to pick whatever country and look up the legal and the financial criteria for long term visas. They exist in different categories. City Data alone is not a sufficient resource. You will need to talk to the people who have the ability to approve or deny you visa, and there is no getting around it.

You would also need to check out the job market, as in order to get a work visa you must have an employer willing to sponsor you.

Or if you say did have an online work at home job, you could study somewhere in Latin America and stay long term on a student visa.

But you can't just go to another country and stay there long term without some sort of legal status. You don't want to get in trouble with the authorities.
I promise I have and am doing much more research than just city-data. This is just a very cool place to use as a sounding board and see what advice is out there. It's also nice speaking with others who have the same interests. I will be taking a trip to colombia next year when I have my passport. And I have decided to go a completely different route as far as income goes when the time comes for long term stay. So forget anything I said about attempting to become employed there. Passive income sounds like the way for me. Now as far as the hispanic culture goes. I am well aware that immersing myself into the actual Latin American culture is far different than knowing people here. I am only saying I am familiar with some of their culture and have been called morena on several accounts. I'm used to it. I am however offended when a caucasian person refers to my people as "the blacks". It is what it is. It rubs me the wrong way but I continue going on with my life hun. It stops nothing. I very much love the little bit of hispanic culture I have been exposed to. Spent a month in Los Angeles in the hispanic community with a friend and her mom and ate real deal food I never would have tried before like lengua soup. I am a very open minded individual and am looking forward to learning so much on my excursions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 12:13 PM

16,260 posts, read 43,310,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Or it could be that since you participate in sex tourism, you hang out with other sex tourists, and it seems like every single person going to wherever is involved in sex tourism but it's really your persona lifestyle.

The times I went to South America I never met sex tourists. I was an exchange student in Paraguay, we visited Brazil, and I had a working vacation in Colombia. I never met sex tourists in all three. I did meet tourists in restaurants who told me they were in Colombia in part for drug tourism, but even those tourists weren't in Colombia entirely for drugs. They were considering teaching English as a Second language.
Hey, that's great you went somewhere as a college student.

You come across as naive and judgemental, based on your post. Most adults would have ignored/dismissed a young naive and judgemental type, particularly if you were just a college kid. So yeah, doubtful you knew much going on around you outside of your immediate circle. But, I'm sure you enjoyed your time anyway, and that's all that matters.

As another aside, your self-identification is awesome, NY and Writer, and I've seen you on the Americas Forum in other contexts...so I think outside a public forum, you'd probably be a real interesting person to hangout with. All the best.

Last edited by Tiger Beer; 01-05-2018 at 01:04 PM..

Old 01-05-2018, 12:26 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,367,338 times
Usually you tend to attract a crowd that is similar to you, so if you attract a lot of sex tourists...you have to work on your self-image a lil bit. I've traveled to many South American countries and never ran into any sex tourists, ever. Not saying they don't exist, there's just not as many as you think. You mentioned that some people like to travel and then date around, but I don't think that's sex tourism. Sex tourism is traveling to shady spots and going to see prostitutes or offering poor girls money in exchange for "services"; it's taking advantage of those who have less than you. I don't see what is wrong with going to a different country and going to bars or meeting up with people from Tinder. Dating is mutual, I do it all the time. I go on a lot of dates whenever I'm in New York City, doesn't make me a sex tourist lol

Old 01-05-2018, 01:17 PM

16,260 posts, read 43,310,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Usually you tend to attract a crowd that is similar to you, so if you attract a lot of sex tourists...you have to work on your self-image a lil bit. I've traveled to many South American countries and never ran into any sex tourists, ever. Not saying they don't exist, there's just not as many as you think. You mentioned that some people like to travel and then date around, but I don't think that's sex tourism. Sex tourism is traveling to shady spots and going to see prostitutes or offering poor girls money in exchange for "services"; it's taking advantage of those who have less than you. I don't see what is wrong with going to a different country and going to bars or meeting up with people from Tinder. Dating is mutual, I do it all the time. I go on a lot of dates whenever I'm in New York City, doesn't make me a sex tourist lol
Oh, sheesh, another familiar city-data person that I respect (based on familiarity with your name) who is latching on to one small element of a post, and making projections. As an aside, if you said what you just said, and I met you in South America, I would connect you with sex tourism.

Tinder is a form of sex tourism as well. You might interpret it as 'dating', but if you are traveling around looking for the opposite gender with 'hook-ups' it's a form of sex tourism.

Old 01-05-2018, 02:16 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,367,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Oh, sheesh, another familiar city-data person that I respect (based on familiarity with your name) who is latching on to one small element of a post, and making projections. As an aside, if you said what you just said, and I met you in South America, I would connect you with sex tourism.

Tinder is a form of sex tourism as well. You might interpret it as 'dating', but if you are traveling around looking for the opposite gender with 'hook-ups' it's a form of sex tourism.
You seem like a fine poster too. I agree with many of your posts, but just had to point out that I dont agree with this idea you have. I dont think its sex tourism at all, what is the difference between using Tinder in New York City or traveling to France or Peru and using Tinder there? You don't have to pay for a Tinder date and sex is not something that is guaranteed before the date. And obviously Tinder is something you just use on the side when you travel there. You may go for the nature and the food, and just use Tinder as you would at home

Old 01-05-2018, 02:26 PM

308 posts, read 238,803 times
Quote:
Sadly Costa Rica has a lot of them.They flaunt it as well.You frequently see old western men with young local girls The vast majority have paid for the "privellege".Even worse child prostitution is quite common as well.Not quite the wonderful place people think it is on so many levels.

Old 01-05-2018, 02:54 PM

25,556 posts, read 24,088,820 times
Quote:
Hey, that's great you went somewhere as a college student.

You come across as naive and judgemental, based on your post. Most adults would have ignored/dismissed a young naive and judgemental type, particularly if you were just a college kid. So yeah, doubtful you knew much going on around you outside of your immediate circle. But, I'm sure you enjoyed your time anyway, and that's all that matters.

As another aside, your self-identification is awesome, NY and Writer, and I've seen you on the Americas Forum in other contexts...so I think outside a public forum, you'd probably be a real interesting person to hangout with. All the best.
Ah, you cannot get a long term visa to stay in any country in the world if all you’re doing is hiring hookers and doing drugs.

You certainly cannot get citizenship that way.

No adult listens to the stories of a delusional addict.

Old 01-05-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:

Tinder is not sex tourism. A person living or visiting a nation is entitled to have a romantic life. You’re feeling attacked because people questioned your claims that all expatriates in Latin America are sex tourists. You do know how to get legal status abroad, don’t you?

Old 01-05-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliapreston View Post
I promise I have and am doing much more research than just city-data. This is just a very cool place to use as a sounding board and see what advice is out there. It's also nice speaking with others who have the same interests. I will be taking a trip to colombia next year when I have my passport. And I have decided to go a completely different route as far as income goes when the time comes for long term stay. So forget anything I said about attempting to become employed there. Passive income sounds like the way for me. Now as far as the hispanic culture goes. I am well aware that immersing myself into the actual Latin American culture is far different than knowing people here. I am only saying I am familiar with some of their culture and have been called morena on several accounts. I'm used to it. I am however offended when a caucasian person refers to my people as "the blacks". It is what it is. It rubs me the wrong way but I continue going on with my life hun. It stops nothing. I very much love the little bit of hispanic culture I have been exposed to. Spent a month in Los Angeles in the hispanic community with a friend and her mom and ate real deal food I never would have tried before like lengua soup. I am a very open minded individual and am looking forward to learning so much on my excursions.
Without employment there, you get no visa unless you decide to go the student visa route. Or marry a citizen if that nation.

If you don’t even have a passport and you have a bachelors degree you are just too underprepared to even make this a possiblity anytime soon.

Online jobs don’t pay that much for people with no degrees. My advice to you is to get your life together in America long before you consider working overseas.

Old 01-05-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
This is something true about the Bachelor's Degree, I'm applying to a bunch of overseas jobs and all of them want College Degrees. Even if youre coming from a developed country, they want someone who they know is gonna improve the community and not mooch off the social services there
Meaning she’d need to get a job in that country, and have st least a bachelors degree or have a fantastic amount of savings and do something like open up a business or go do university studies there. They don’t let people come to another country just to hang out and be a social services burden. Op is going to have to have a bachelors degree and professional experience and money before she can do anything like seriously consider a move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas