Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2017, 09:56 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Because those attitudes do not leave slowly, and there's psychological damage to those who internalize them. Those attitudes are not going to disappear this year or next year, and probably not in our life times.

Also, you cannot teach people not to hate by hating on them or making fun of them, which was essentially what you were doing.

And are you sure you yourself don't look down on darker people? There was no reason for you to mention all that if you yourself don't have those conflicting issues.
Re-making fun of them... not out loud. The Mexican Snob I freind zoned because he was completely not someone I could see myself with and even being freinds with him was too difficult. Not a good guy in many ways. The being a gully of himself snob was just the beginning.

The girls were both annoying as hell. I just avoided them because I did not like them .....which is almost a saintly act considering teenage girls are usually brutally evils towards each other if they don't like each other.

That Mean Girl's Movie and the movie Perros was not a joke. Teenage girls are pure evil to each other.

Hearing them talk like this is toxic. It really hurts all who have to endure listening to it. I have freinds and family of all different colours and religions so I don't think it okay o just let people bable on with this negative toxic noise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 04:52 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Re-making fun of them... not out loud. The Mexican Snob I freind zoned because he was completely not someone I could see myself with and even being freinds with him was too difficult. Not a good guy in many ways. The being a gully of himself snob was just the beginning.

The girls were both annoying as hell. I just avoided them because I did not like them .....which is almost a saintly act considering teenage girls are usually brutally evils towards each other if they don't like each other.

That Mean Girl's Movie and the movie Perros was not a joke. Teenage girls are pure evil to each other.

Hearing them talk like this is toxic. It really hurts all who have to endure listening to it. I have freinds and family of all different colours and religions so I don't think it okay o just let people bable on with this negative toxic noise.
Then you can simply tell them such talk is inappropriate and if they want to continue talking to you, don't say those things.

The girls I knew going to school with if they got mad at each other would thrown down in a fight and get over it. There were even a couple of brutal fights, but kids (including teenagers) quickly recover from physical fights and get over it.

Old 06-28-2017, 05:51 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,053 times
Quote:
Then you can simply tell them such talk is inappropriate and if they want to continue talking to you, don't say those things.

The girls I knew going to school with if they got mad at each other would thrown down in a fight and get over it. There were even a couple of brutal fights, but kids (including teenagers) quickly recover from physical fights and get over it.

I was a teenager. My conduct was not exactly perfect, but I was not going to risk breaking my nails to scrap it out with anyone. Also I learned in elementary school even if someone started it if I did not walk away and my father found out I would never hear the end of it and would likely be getting hit myself. Not worth the drama!

Girls get revenge in other ways. A lot more sneaky. Ex throwing a party and inviting everyone else, but that person. Not letting them sit at the table with you. Out casting people. Rumors. It is exhausting.

Regardless you need to choose your battles. One day she was going to say that stuff in front of the wrong person and get her teeth knocked in so no need to get my hands dirty over it.

Girls are wicked. Have you not seen the movie Cruel Intentions. High school is brutal. Regardless I was too cool lol. I was dating someone in college when I was in high school ( then I got to university and he was still in college ( not the smartest person in the world )! Also if I wanted to really get back at someone who was annoying me I had my minions deal with them. Who would be dumb enough to get in to a literal fist fight to get expelled or a police records. I have been told guys go to blows/ physical fights faster then get over it. Girls use more pyschological war far and the disputes linger. The only time I know physical fights errupt it was fighting over guys. Yes she who even smiles too hard at another girls boy freind has a death wish.

Old 06-29-2017, 11:49 AM

345 posts, read 268,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
This is about hispanics. Very few protestants moved to Latin America. 99% of the world population at the time were "poor and ignorant" and people certainly viewed the enemy tribes as beasts and savages in areas all over the world. This was a time of short brutal lives and a constant battle to survive. To be portrayed as soft, tolerant and weak could mean getting eradicated. If a family or tribe was almost wiped out, it was considered shameful and other members of the family would downplay it, not highlight it. Groups would highlight conquests and victories, not defeats and being victims of brutality. Its a totally different mentality than today.

Right, feudal and and I'd dare to say recent human history.

Old 06-29-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebaruna View Post
So the US is entirely different from Europe but Latin America is an extension of it... I think it's the other way around.

No, you have never been in the continent, and pictures are your only source of info.

Old 06-29-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourgermanicanish View Post
I've never hated being half Latin American but it is annoying when people get on my case about certain things. For example I don't like regatton, I don't really listen to merenuge or bachata much and I've had people get mad at me for that. My taste in music is more a long the lines of old romantic Spanish songs, music from all over the world. 😂 I guess that makes me a weirdo. I used to get bullied a lot back then just for the color of my skin and what I look like. It's not because I'm white from my dad's side, it's more because I'm white from my mothers side since her grandparents were spaniards so imagine the hell I got from other Latin Americans growing up. I'm half Dominican so you can imagine. I have been called gringa, white b****, flaka de mi***a etc. Then telling me why don't I make my skin darker so I can be attractive, why can't I look like j lo or something, that I should act tough. The s*** people say. It goes both ways. I know that yes there are some Europeans or white Americans that can be rude to people but remember there are very racist and rude people from every country and background in the world. It all depends on the individual and how he or she was raised.
I've had Latin Americans get mad at me for going to Spain treating me like if I was a traitor or something I mean what the hell lol. Some of the friendliest people I've met were spaniards. I know that there still seems to be a big clash between spaniards and Latin Americans but not all of them are like that. There are plenty of sweet spaniards and sweet Latin Americans and this topic seems to be such taboo but there are still relations between the 2 but not many people talk about it. I know a Peruvian woman who's married to a Spaniard. It all depends on the person and who their type is.
Now I have dealt with a Spaniard who was a jerk before when I was in Germany. He didn't of what I look like or where I'm from, he just yelled in my face. 😂

Also I must add because I'm white I don't think I'm better than anyone and no one is better than me. I belive everyone should be proud of where they are from, it doesn't matter the color of your skin! I used to know someone that was ashamed of being Ecuadorian he hated being indigenous. No body should think like that

Why do you keep talking about the American continent when you have never been there?
Weren't you a Flemish from Torremolinos!!
Please.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
White Latinos can be some of the most racist people. The way some of them talk about or treat more indigenous people is so sad. Just because someone is more indigenous does not mean they are any worse of a person
Because the colonization is not over, first conquistadores, then criollos that ousted the metropolis. The surge will include the entire continent.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
These days European nations get more immigrants by far than Latin America. Everyone is everywhere these days, so any nation or group could they have all colors. Australians come in all colors. So do Americans, French, Spaniyards, British, Germans, etc.

As for whether your family tree is all Spanish, family stories alone are not proof of anything. People lie, have affairs, get adopted, etc. The only way to know what you are genetically is to take a DNA test.

She probably comes from a structured family who know who is her parents, not the case of buskimans from Alicante which are drunk most of the time.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:04 PM

426 posts, read 351,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papuolo View Post
Why do you keep talking about the American continent when you have never been there?
Weren't you a Flemish from Torremolinos!!
Please.
What the heck???
I have been to Latin America before, twice in my life but that was years ago.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
In NYC I noticed many Latin Americans seem proud of their heritage and often post photos of themselves wearing their country's football shirts or waving flags. However those growing up in the suburbs, particularly Westchester or Long Island, never do so. Kinda interesting

Sure, they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas