Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 06:33 PM

40 posts, read 41,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
So if you don't speak about something there is no problem?? In 2009 70% of black Cubans were unemployed. With a record like that of course he didn't speak about race.

This the problem with leftist thinking. If acknowledging skin color is made culturally taboo they think nobody will notice skin color.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.406650a3cf4a

Actually my friend whomever wrote this is so filled with hate, he had to write a bunch of nonsense and lies.

He did not even provide where he got the data because he can't say is from his bottom rear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2017, 07:31 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,049,955 times
http://www.theroot.com/one-on-one-wi...ack-1790860590

Old 06-04-2017, 08:05 PM

107 posts, read 74,354 times
Quote:
You're deflecting and not answering the question about ethnic exclusion in Mexico and much of Latin America that is very real.

I can compare the lowest denominator of Mexican society to the "crackers" you reference and the crackers would look like nobility.

can you explain, how is it that crackers would look like nobility.

Americans of purely English descent almost always call themselves Americans or perhaps Protestants, but rarely something as broad as European. OTH, if they're as mixed as I am, when asked about background it is easier to say European than Russian, English, Polish, Finnish and Irish.

Being a Hidalgo means nothing to me and they're nothing special. They're people, just like the Aztecs and Chiapenos. Their poop still stinks when they go to the bathroom.
The same applies to anything, like who cares what you think. Or it does not matters if he is a rock star, the president of the united states, the queen of England their poop still stink when they go to the bathroom. In other word if you are debating and then come up with a stupid answer like this one you look stupid.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:23 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,967,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juancarbonell View Post
Actually my friend whomever wrote this is so filled with hate, he had to write a bunch of nonsense and lies.

He did not even provide where he got the data because he can't say is from his bottom rear.
It would seem like not talking about race is working out very poorly in Cuba. But Cuba is a dictatorship and I'm sure people who say things the government doesn't like can be imprisoned or worse.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:25 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,967,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juancarbonell View Post
Every country has some type of affirmative action to avoid discrimination against people, usually black people.

But, if you live there you are not even going to notice it. The media, press, political parties don't talk about it. Fidel Castro never constantly spoke about race and yet he passed laws to ensure black people could do better and to end discrimination, but he never spoke about it.
Now come on. You claimed stuff like this didn't exist, that Latin Americans never talked about race politically. This is FALSE, and as we see it's become a huge political issue in Brazil, Colombia, etc.

You do realize you can't apply your life in Cuba to all of Latin America. It's a huge region, and different nations are simply different from each other.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:31 AM

345 posts, read 268,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Now come on. You claimed stuff like this didn't exist, that Latin Americans never talked about race politically. This is FALSE, and as we see it's become a huge political issue in Brazil, Colombia, etc.

You do realize you can't apply your life in Cuba to all of Latin America. It's a huge region, and different nations are simply different from each other.

In Cuba, you find entire cities in which nobody works...because the government assigns jobs and the private sector is ridicule..and if you find a job, it's not worth if you can't steal something from the state.

Of course, all good jobs with a potential to steal something are in white hands, slavery was in existance until recently.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:34 AM

Quote:

In Cuba there's a big, very big racial problem, but as in all communists countries problems are FROZEN until they THAW - Yugoslavia, etc.

Latin America is a continent conquered and settled by Europeans, of course they are going to talk about race!!! Just that Latin-Catholic culture is different in form.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:42 AM

Quote:

There was a war against blacks in Cuba in the 20's, I believe. More than 20.000 were lynched....and Cuba remained Spanish until 1898 because they were horrified of a slave revolt.

But yes, after that war, almost a century ago, the Cuban constitution forbade all parties based on race and banned Partido de Color, so there's a strong tendency to avoid color parties, in Cuba there was a KKK chapter during the 30's and was banned immediately.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:49 AM

Quote:
You're deflecting and not answering the question about ethnic exclusion in Mexico and much of Latin America that is very real.

I can compare the lowest denominator of Mexican society to the "crackers" you reference and the crackers would look like nobility.

Americans of purely English descent almost always call themselves Americans or perhaps Protestants, but rarely something as broad as European. OTH, if they're as mixed as I am, when asked about background it is easier to say European than Russian, English, Polish, Finnish and Irish.

Being a Hidalgo means nothing to me and they're nothing special. They're people, just like the Aztecs and Chiapenos. Their poop still stinks when they go to the bathroom.

Oh, yes, they call themseleves Europeans. Concluding, Mexico in an American country. I mean, the continent discovered by Colombus.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:52 AM

Quote:
I see that nobody bothered to read (or chose to ignore) an entire thread dedicated genetic supremacy in Mexico. The OP and his responses are bad enough, but the fact that not one Mexican member challenged him is even more telling.

But, but, but this only happens in the US.

Sorry, but I've traveled a good bit in Latin America and those with strong European heritage view themselves as superior to those with more indigenous blood. The more indigenous you are, the harder it is to escape serfdom. Puerto Rico might be the only place I've been where this attitude is muted a bit.

No, the attitude exists in the entire continent, from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas