Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2017, 05:15 AM

1 posts, read 732 times

Advertisements

One of my best friends always listen to some sad songs when she is upset, and it tends to be that she would be sadder. But she insist that sad tunes make her relieve. I do not against, though I don't think it is a good choice. So what about you? Do you choose to listen to sad songs when you are in a bad mood, and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 05:21 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,523,891 times
How does this relate to the Americas?

Old 08-08-2017, 08:48 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,453,622 times
Maybe he needs a drink and music to drown his sorrows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqbRmxtNXkw

Old 08-09-2017, 07:51 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,249,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Maybe he needs a drink and music to drown his sorrows. ...
Thanks for the posting. Never heard him before, but I like what I just heard on YouTube.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:55 AM

132 posts, read 108,418 times
I don't listen to sad music anymore. I'm sensitive to music and find that sad music can drag my mood way down, ESPECIALLY if I'm upset already. Emotionally, it's painful. I stick to upbeat music, which has a positive effect on me. We're all different, though. Your friend should do what works for her.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:03 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,752,526 times
Default .....

Since this thread is staying put ....

Think it can be both ways ex my mood effects my music choices and if the music I listen to effects my mood. I try to keep a wide range of music on my iphone to avoid getting stuff in a certain vibe for too long. I try not to listen to sad music especially in public. Don't want to start crying and mess up my make up.

This song is beautiful... but so sad. I was listening to her new album while walking with my head phones on and started to cry. Now I skip this tract lol!

In my opinion there is softer more melow music and songs that get in to your head and can get you crazy depressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uoz0MWW-OpI

This reminds me .... I am going to her concert soon and she is going to be playing this song forsure. Need to bring tissue.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:25 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,249,940 times
Do you usually listen to sad songs when you are in a bad mood

No. If I am in a very reflective mood because of a personal problem I am inclined to listen Baroque music. I find it calming.

Most of my playlists are mixtures of vocal and instrumental and fall into two categories, Jazz or World/Pop. They are mixtures as far as emotional moods are concerned and I just enjoy the performances as performances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas