Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 10:18 AM

4,100 posts, read 3,752,570 times

Advertisements

Ditto with visit Tunja, Colombia or Boyaca in general, words spoken by a French man...

Last edited by Pueblofuerte; 08-28-2017 at 10:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 10:29 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,754,319 times
I dont know what the big deal with speaking loud is unless it is in a library or during a movie or a show.
I my opinion it is the people speaking softly that are the ones you got to watch out for.
People that speak louder are likely more honest as they are not trying to hide anything.
It is those sneaky little buggers that are always whispering that are up to no good that you should be worried about :P!
Those are the types that are more likely to go postal (ex stock raving mad because they have bottled up all their thoughts for so long).

Quite equals shady !

Old 08-28-2017, 11:43 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,939,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I dont know what the big deal with speaking loud is unless it is in a library or during a movie or a show.
I my opinion it is the people speaking softly that are the ones you got to watch out for.
People that speak louder are likely more honest as they are not trying to hide anything.
It is those sneaky little buggers that are always whispering that are up to no good that you should be worried about :P!
Those are the types that are more likely to go postal (ex stock raving mad because they have bottled up all their thoughts for so long).

Quite equals shady !

Or maybe they just like the sound of their own voice, from personal experience I find that many of these loud wordy people make a lot of noise but actually say very little.

Seriously who the hell wants to hear the personal conversations or comments of random groups of people. I guess it's a cultural and class thing as well even within Latin Americans very loud people are usually regarded as unmannered and rude among some circles.

Old 08-28-2017, 11:47 AM

131,188 posts, read 12,268,010 times
I find many white American speak far too loudly in the wrong places. All the time.

Old 08-28-2017, 12:56 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,107,787 times
This thread still going huh? SMH

Old 08-28-2017, 01:56 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,754,319 times
Regardless... I think there are loud people and softer spoken people everywhere. The world needs both as some times a loud voice is needed and other times a softer spoken approach is needed. Personally I am team loud in a social sense.... loud music and loud speech shows a healthy lust for life. Soft spoken voices have are tolerated and serve their purposes too... ex if I have lipstick on my teeth telling me with a softer tone in a pack room would be preferred !... but then again probably would not care and just laugh.

If people were loud and talking during a show ex like that girl that was drunk and talking loud and interrupting people listening to Adele sign at her concert... that was crazy annoying and it was so funny finally seeing a bunch of people tell her off lol. And she was loud and annoying and from non of the places mentioned.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:52 AM

426 posts, read 353,342 times
That's because loud = sexy. The louder they speak the more attention they will get, from everyone..

Old 09-02-2017, 10:01 AM

8,572 posts, read 8,578,600 times
Americans aren't known to be a quiet people. In fact the stereotypical Americans overseas are a group of loud and overweight people.

When we don't understand what people say they sometimes seem loud.

Old 09-03-2017, 04:41 AM

505 posts, read 396,112 times
American tourists are nosiy.

Old 09-03-2017, 06:19 AM

344 posts, read 246,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
You can always tell when they are nearby. They talk as if they are shouting to each other with seemingly no concern that they're talking so LOUDLY!! It cuts across all their socioeconomic levels, but the wealthy ones appear to be the worst offenders. Do they realize how loud they talk and do they care?
Seriously? My foreign born friends can't believe how LOUD Americans are!! And yes, Americans are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas