Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 02:19 PM

424 posts, read 465,379 times

Advertisements

Mid 60s all year round? Probably the peninsula of the SF Bay Area or central coast of CA only!

Southern CA near LA/Orange County/and San Diego are much hotter! Too hot for your taste!

Temperatures down there are consistently in the upper 70s or even 80s now. Much hotter and humid sometimes with warm moisture coming up from the gulf of California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 07:54 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
Why is this in the Americas section? This should be in General US.

Old 03-30-2018, 12:22 AM

75 posts, read 121,412 times
I'm a native of NC (37 yrs old) and I am actually looking into AZ myself.. recently narrowed down to maybe Prescott (mainly for weather purposes), but I am still researching. I live in Greensboro, NC & it can get down in the teens in the dead of winter... (Hate that!!!). Winters over the past few years are from mid-late Nov to mid-April where it HAS snowed in April before. We actually had a wet snow just last week (fell, but didn't stick). So NC may not be "it" for you... unless you go further South like Charlotte, NC (1 hr away).. but low temps there will still probably be in the 30's during the winters. Haven't been in Charlotte enough to give you good feedback. One thing that kept me from considering CA is the water restrictions I hear on the news every summer. And they have lots of forest fires. Although I hear wonderful things about San Diego!! Good luck!

Old 03-31-2018, 06:07 PM

499 posts, read 470,686 times
Arizona is definitely not the place for you for two reasons: 1) 6-7 months of temperatures > 90 degrees, and 2) AZ has water issues as well. Tucson has been ahead of the pack for decades in water conservation and management, but ultimately there is a limit to sustainable water use and population, and AZ is closing in on that limit.

Old 03-31-2018, 09:18 PM

10,545 posts, read 7,735,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Harbor, Oregon is a small coastal city where the temperature is between 49 and 74 all year, but...they get 79” of rain. Seaside, OR is similar in temperatures but gets 100” of rain.

Probably the closest to your ideal is Eureka, CA which remains mostly between 42 and 65, and gets only about 44” of rain. It’s far more affordable the the Bay Area or San Diego.
Yes, I agree that Northern California is the place for OP to look. Seaside and other coastal Oregon locations would be too chilly for him. BTW, although Seaside has abundant clouds and rainfall, it isn't quite that wet. https://wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliMAIN.pl?or7641

There are a handful of locations in Washington and Oregon that do see 100" plus though.

Old 03-31-2018, 09:19 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
We can't all live in San Diego, boss.

Old 07-25-2021, 12:26 AM

5 posts, read 4,941 times
Default If your wealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gxl35 View Post
I think what you want is California. It's a big state and the weather varies significantly thoughout, but in the part of the Bay Area I live in the weather rarely goes below 55 or above 75. Central and Northern California on the coast is your best bet.
Well, I have lived in Cali for the majority of my life. I have lived in other states. But now, it has gotten sooo very expensive to live here, many people are leaving. My daughter and I included if we can find the right place. I hate leaving Cali, but SoCal has gotten ridiculous in cost, and up further North, you have to worry about the fires now. Last year, the smoke was horrific. Weeks on end. One fire after the other. The cost of living is rising fast, but income isn't. So if you make a lot of money, come on over. If not, try to find someplace more liveable. Personally, we are searching for somewhere that has mild temps are year-long, safe, and better cost of living. If anyone knows of such a place-PLEASE let me know.
Thank you. And good luck.

Old 07-25-2021, 06:42 AM

7,179 posts, read 9,306,900 times
You want Camelot weather (mostly coastal California)

https://ggweather.com/camelot.htm

Old 07-25-2021, 07:02 AM

10,056 posts, read 14,929,390 times
I don't think there is a state in the USA where temps are mostly in the 60's F yearround, but as has been stated already the San Francisco area is known for having a cool climate yearround. I can't think of any other place in the US that has a similar image regarding temperature and climate. I mean, Seattle is known for being warmer than the counterpart along the Atlantic coast, but it isn't known for not getting cold.

Old 07-25-2021, 09:58 AM

8,479 posts, read 6,878,349 times
Right here. But perhaps offset by the extremely high cost of living.

Last edited by msgsing; 07-25-2021 at 10:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas