Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2021, 06:47 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,448,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf_arkitect View Post
Mid 60s all year round? Probably the peninsula of the SF Bay Area or central coast of CA only!

Southern CA near LA/Orange County/and San Diego are much hotter! Too hot for your taste!
Santa Monica, Malibu, and coastal L.A. consistently hover around 70 degrees. Beverly Hills, Orange, and other cities inland from the 5-Mile Zone are much hotter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 10:36 PM

5 posts, read 4,951 times
Oh my...Msgsing...I miss San Diego so very much. We'd go back in a minute if we could afford the cost of living. Please enjoy it for us as it will always hold our hearts.

Old 08-19-2021, 04:52 PM

3,451 posts, read 2,779,135 times
Unobtainiana.

Old 08-20-2021, 05:57 AM

20,101 posts, read 9,008,929 times
how's the smoke from the wildfires?

Old 09-15-2021, 01:30 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,691,899 times
The AMericas .... Dudes !!!!!

Old 09-02-2022, 01:24 PM

47 posts, read 31,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sf_arkitect View Post
Mid 60s all year round? Probably the peninsula of the SF Bay Area or central coast of CA only!

Southern CA near LA/Orange County/and San Diego are much hotter! Too hot for your taste!

Temperatures down there are consistently in the upper 70s or even 80s now. Much hotter and humid sometimes with warm moisture coming up from the gulf of California.
LOL.

This is absolutely not true. The weather in San Diego is like 60-75 degrees for like 9 months out of the year.
There is maybe a 3 month stretch from July 15 - Oct 15 where temperatures are upper 70’s and into the 80’s when a heat wave comes but to say its a common thing is a lie.

Old 09-02-2022, 01:31 PM

47 posts, read 31,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicallabscientist View Post
LOL.

This is absolutely not true. The weather in San Diego is like 60-75 degrees for like 9 months out of the year.
There is maybe a 3 month stretch from July 15 - Oct 15 where temperatures are upper 70’s and into the 80’s when a heat wave comes but to say its a common thing is a lie.
San Diego = perfect weather from Oct 15th - July 15th.
Slightly on the Warm side from July 15 - Oct 15th.

There is maybe only 1 week a year in winter where you deal with
Chilly weather >60, and maybe 2-3 weeks in summer where it’s uncomfortable warm/hot. >80

Coastal San Diego up through Coastal SF is probably what this guy is looking for.

Old 09-06-2022, 06:41 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,545,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicallabscientist View Post
San Diego = perfect weather from Oct 15th - July 15th.
Slightly on the Warm side from July 15 - Oct 15th.

There is maybe only 1 week a year in winter where you deal with
Chilly weather >60, and maybe 2-3 weeks in summer where it’s uncomfortable warm/hot. >80

Coastal San Diego up through Coastal SF is probably what this guy is looking for.
Not sure about that….from December 1 through end of March it does average in the 60’s for the high during the daytime but often gets chilly overnight through mid morning next day where temperatures can get down to the low 40’s. When I lived downtown a 63 degree day could feel much chillier than that if a cool breeze came off the bay; different story elsewhere/more inland. It is extremely dry during that period often requiring body moisturizer. The exception is a once or twice a month 3 day Santa Ana condition in which daytime temperatures get into the 70’s but it still remains dry and chilly overnight into mid morning the following day. I won’t bring up May Gray/June Gloom as temperature wise it is fine but it is not what I would call perfect.

From mid August through the end of September San Diego can and does have periods where it gets much hotter—see what’s going on this past week—as tropical storms from Baja work their way up to CA and bring hot and muggy conditions with them.

Depending on time of year I used to tell friends SD has the coldest 65 degrees I ever felt (winter) and the warmest 67 degrees I ever felt (spring).

That being said, San Diego daytime temperature wise might be a good choice for the OP. Just don’t expect 68 for the high, 63 for the low, sunny and every day a beach day as some others claim. There are plenty of days that exceed that, days it gets below that and periods that can get gloomy.

Last edited by elchevere; 09-06-2022 at 07:02 AM..

Old 12-04-2022, 11:56 PM

577 posts, read 562,175 times
Sucre, Bolivia has an average daily high of 67 degrees, 12 months out of the year.

Apparently it's officially the capital of Bolivia and has a picturesque historic city center built by the Spanish, as a result of silver mining in the area.

This would be close to my favorite imaginable climate, although I think I'd go for a daily high in the low 60s, say 62 degrees...low enough to wear a fleece jacket on a daily basis but also bright sunny blue skies on most days, but with enough rain to keep it nice and green.

Old 12-05-2022, 03:21 AM

10,072 posts, read 14,947,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterForte View Post
Hey guys!

I'm looking to move to an area in the US where the weather stays sunny mid to high 60s almost year round. Potential places so far look like North Carolina, Hawaii, and California. I was also looking at Florida, but a lot of people have said California weather is a lot better. Can any of you guys recommend any States and especially cities for me?

I tried to search the forums, but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for all your help!
Hmm, all the states you mention have coasts with sea beaches. Is that a factor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas