Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 08:11 AM

89 posts, read 76,058 times

Advertisements

oh I didnt kno he killed himself. This is very sad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2018, 09:37 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,401,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Amazing designer. Brilliant woman.

I get these guys from a personal level.

Many people seem a lot happier then they are.

Or intensely swing back and forth between extra happiness and intense sadness.
Are you saying you feel intense sadness sometimes? I hope you have some one to talk to. You can always send me a message any time.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:24 PM

2,750 posts, read 2,419,379 times
His Trinidad episode was very good. I also enjoyed his Bronx and Queens episodes, his Brazil episodes, Colombia, Peru, Jamaica, and Cuba episodes.

Old 06-12-2018, 11:06 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,845 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
His Trinidad episode was very good. I also enjoyed his Bronx and Queens episodes, his Brazil episodes, Colombia, Peru, Jamaica, and Cuba episodes.
I have thoroughly enjoyed every show and episode he has ever done.

I think I have passed the point of being sad and am now selfishly angry.

What a waste. Maybe we need to be reminding talented people how absolutely amazing and how thankful we are for them more often.

Old 06-12-2018, 05:32 PM

10,079 posts, read 14,952,774 times
Yesterday I unliked Anthony Bourdain's Facebook page. I can't help it, but I always lose whatever respect/admiration I had for someone when they decide to commit suicide. It's the ultimate let down.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:14 PM

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Yesterday I unliked Anthony Bourdain's Facebook page. I can't help it, but I always lose whatever respect/admiration I had for someone when they decide to commit suicide. It's the ultimate let down.
I am trying to not be too judgement as I can relate to his situation to some extent. I think if you don't get it .... It is because you are of a different temperment. We all dont see things from the same perspective which is okay and likely what makes people like him special .... but it is sadly also the likely cause of his down fall.

If you have a similar temperament as him you need to understand yourself ... always be mindful of your triggers and when you are starting to slide so you can pull yourself back up before you slide too far. He was a brillant person... but if you "really" listen to what he is saying you can pick up the undertone. I get it because I can relate to it. It is almost like a secrete code language. If you are of this temperment you also need to be super careful of who and what you surround yourself with.

All I can say is what a loss and if you are someone of a similar temperament wake up and use this as a reminder of how careful we need to be. Stop and remember the ONLY thing you need to do is just breath and you will be okay. It is not a cop out but the truth..... shut your brain down.... keep on breathing and do things to pull yourself out of your head and back in to the world.

If you don't understand what I am talking about be happy you don't get it.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:59 PM

233 posts, read 230,590 times
Our family made our pilgrimage to Lechonera Los Pinos, a Puerto Rican institution serving roasted pig located in the hills one hour south of San Juan because of Mr. Bourdain and this episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLmERURmhFY

RIP Mr. Bourdain

Last edited by mechgator; 07-21-2018 at 07:15 PM..

Old 07-21-2018, 07:28 PM

Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgator View Post
Our family made our pilgrimage to Lechonera Los Pinos, a Puerto Rican institution serving roasted pig located in the hills one hour south of San Juan because of Mr. Bourdain and this episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLmERURmhFY

RIP Mr. Bourdain
I loved that episode.
I loved how he tricked people in to talking about social issues and politics over good food.

I think I have only got to try one place he suggested. It was in Cartagen Colombia. It was great.

Old 07-21-2018, 07:54 PM

233 posts, read 230,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I loved that episode.
I loved how he tricked people in to talking about social issues and politics over good food.

I think I have only got to try one place he suggested. It was in Cartagen Colombia. It was great.
Will look it up in case we get to go to Cartagena (one of our to go places).

One place we wanted to go to but didn't (partially because of timing, partially because of lack of planning ahead) was Chez Wong by ceviche master Javier Wong in Lima, Peru. His Saltados are great as well, according to many foodies. Next time we are in the city, we will!

-

Old 07-21-2018, 08:08 PM

Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgator View Post
Will look it up in case we get to go to Cartagena (one of our to go places).

One place we wanted to go to but didn't (partially because of timing, partially because of lack of planning ahead) was Chez Wong by ceviche master Javier Wong in Lima, Peru. His Saltados are great as well, according to many foodies. Next time we are in the city, we will!

-
I have no idea who will ever be able to come close to creating travel shows as amazing as his.

There are so many places in NYC thst he talked about I would like to try too.

I was just in Montreal but I am not certain if I tried or noticed any of the places he tried. I have to watch the episode again.

The place is Cartagena specialize in cheive and not really Colombian food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas