Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 07:46 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconada View Post
They really need to fix their country and build it up, if they really had pride. And stop tryna take over DR. I doubt they will take over, the Dominican military might and determination is underestimated. Haiti defeated the French empire. That same Haiti lost the Dominican Republic, who fought for their independence. And defeated the Haitians every time they invaded and tried to take it back, which was about a good 30 times. Mind all of this was in the 1800s when DR was far less populous than Haiti. When you are in another country oppressing and tryn conquer a different people is totally different than you defending your home country, your family, friends, your town everybody you know, its a different type of despairation.
Dominicans leave the DR in big numbers and don’t fix it up. Santo Domingo is run down and poor with lots of prostitution.

No one would declare the DR a first world country.

So as Dominicans bail out of the DR Haitians who cannot enter the US or Europe move in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 07:56 AM

264 posts, read 136,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
If the Dominican government wants money from the US as always they will do exactly as the US tells them, plain and simple.
what money? are you that dumb? US aid to DR last year was less than 15 million
DR is a 85 billion economy, what 15 million dollars would do?

you have a very idiotic idea of how much ID matters, let me tell you

I DOES NOT MATTER

Old 07-28-2019, 07:59 AM

91 posts, read 79,441 times
Quote:
Dominicans leave the DR in big numbers and don’t fix it up. Santo Domingo is run down and poor with lots of prostitution.

So as Dominicans bail out of the DR Haitians who cannot enter the US or Europe move in.
Every country has emigration and immigration, but immigration must be steady and legal. And all countries have prostitution including your beloved USA. And Santo Domingo is arguably less rundown than Philly, Baltimore, Detroit. So whats your point?

And whats wrong with a country protecting its border, restricting immigration, and perserving its identity? Do you believe in open borders and a one world nation?

Last edited by coconada; 07-28-2019 at 08:48 AM..

Old 07-28-2019, 08:02 AM

264 posts, read 136,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
The English-speaking Caribbean doesn’t hate Haiti. For most of the English-speaking Caribbean, Haiti is revered for its history against the French, for its resilience. However, there are few Haitians that people come into contact with such that Haiti isn’t much of a thought for the average person. Speak for the DR but don’t speak for the many islands in the English-speaking Caribbean to which you obviously have little exposure.
what are they waiting to take a million of haitians in?, if they love them so much.

that historical love is pure BS. haity need help real help, no fake admiration for something that happened 200 years ago. cut the BS, caricom has done everything in their power to do not help.

take half a million haitians in and then caricom can talk.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:40 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,049,253 times
Quote:

DR is first World compare to Haiti. Haiti is a crap hole. Nasty mud eating people. I feel for your people though. Maybe you can take your master's degree back to your hometown in Haiti and try to help your starving, disease ridden, smelly people out.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:15 AM

10,094 posts, read 14,965,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconada View Post
I doubt it. If this was 15-20 years , then most likely because the US is known to be a instigator and they try to play world police. But recently DR and China has been building relations, its quickly becoming a ally of China. I dont think China would allow US intervention.
I can tell you for a fact that the US Embassy in Santo Domingo is not very happy with the encroachment of China in the DR. The previous Chinese representative in the DR even made fun of the US on national television, laughing at the US and everything. Also US representatives had made offers on several Dominican projects after China made its offers, even publicly denouncing the Chinese.

In some ways it is quite funny. In any case, as China encroaches even more on the DR, the US will continue to show its displeasure. Already the US treatment of the DR has changed, something that is evident to anyone putting attention. The DR now has an embassy from China, something done I think last year. Chinese involvement is only going to get stronger and more brash against the Americans, if up until now the Chinese and American 'battle' is any indication.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:18 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I can tell you for a fact that the US Embassy in Santo Domingo is not very happy with the encroachment of China in the DR. The previous Chinese representative in the DR even made fun of the US on national television. Also US representatives had made offers on several Dominican projects after China made its offers, even publicly denouncing the Chinese.

In some ways it is quite funny. In any case, as China encroaches even more on the DR, the US will continue to show its displeasure. Already the US treatment of the DR has changed, something that is evident to anyone putting attention.
No surprise there. China is all over the Caribbean and there’s no signs that will change anytime in the future.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:27 AM

10,094 posts, read 14,965,663 times
Here is when the DR got closer to China and the only country to react was the USA, calling its ambassador back to Washington DC to explain the situation. Why didn’t European countries reacted like this too? Only the US call its ambassador, which is a diplomatic protest to the Dominican government (when countries become concern about something, one of the first things they do is call back their ambassador). In other occasions Haiti called back its ambassadors. When Daniel Supplice gave a speech saying that Haiti share responsibility in the regularization plan, on the next day Haiti called him back and ended his role of ambassador. lol

Old 07-28-2019, 09:48 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
DR is first World compare to Haiti. Haiti is a crap hole. Nasty mud eating people. I feel for your people though. Maybe you can take your master's degree back to your hometown in Haiti and try to help your starving, disease ridden, smelly people out.
No one is my family is Caribbean. You’re the one from the same island as your Haitian brothers and sisters. I live in first world Spain and have no use for either nation in Hispaniola.

And let’s be real the DR is centuries from first world and nothing compared to an European Union nation.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:05 AM

91 posts, read 79,441 times
Quote:
No one is my family is Caribbean. You’re the one from the same island as your Haitian brothers and sisters. I live in first world Spain and have no use for either nation in Hispaniola.

And let’s be real the DR is centuries from first world and nothing compared to an European Union nation.
Sorry, your wrong. Haitians are more related to Black Americans. Dominicans's brothers are the Puerto Ricans and Cubans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas