Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2019, 09:34 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
My point is that mass shootings targeted to Hispanics that are illegals is a non-issue for most Dominicans. What happen the other day in Texas is a blimp in most Dominicans lives.

NIce to know Dominicans care so little for others. Most racist usually don't take time to distinguish whos illegal or not. There are plenty of dominican in the US illegaly anyway, I have heard puerto ricans complain about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 10:51 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
My point is that mass shootings targeted to Hispanics that are illegals is a non-issue for most Dominicans. What happen the other day in Texas is a blimp in most Dominicans lives.
You have pathologically high levels of denials. White supremacists do not want any third world immigration in the US.

This is indeed an issue for Dominicans. Right wing terrorists have murdered Jews in synagogues, Blacks in churches, gays in nightclubs, and Latinos in WalMart.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
NIce to know Dominicans care so little for others. Most racist usually don't take time to distinguish whos illegal or not. There are plenty of dominican in the US illegaly anyway, I have heard puerto ricans complain about it.
He’s a stupid troll and we have no actual proof he is actually Dominican. Please don’t let ignorant comments from a troll represent an entire nation. There are very politically active Dominicans who are concerned about other Latinos and who are aware that people see them as just another group of Black People.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:04 PM

10,056 posts, read 14,929,390 times
Quote:
When at least one Dominican is killed or injured in these attacks, let everyone know. To put it another way, more Dominicans were killed in the World Trade Center attacks in 2001 than has been injured or killed in a US racist attack, whether it was targeted to one or a few individuals or a mass shooting.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
When at least one Dominican is killed or injured in these attacks, let everyone know. To put it another way, more Dominicans were killed in the World Trade Center attacks in 2001 than has been injured or killed in a US racist attack, whether it was targeted to one or a few individuals or a mass shooting.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/22/us/aa...ogy/index.html

He didn’t physically attack them, but this white racist Trump supporter berated Latina women for speaking Spanish in NYC deli. He made it clear no Latinos are welcome here and he would have said this too any Latina. Thoughts?

Or is this okay too because it didn’t personally happen to you?

Old 08-08-2019, 12:40 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,445,169 times
If Dominicans build a border wall along the Haitian border. Can we Puerto Ricans also build a wall along the Mona Passage?

Lol.

Old 08-08-2019, 01:43 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
Quote:
When at least one Dominican is killed or injured in these attacks, let everyone know. .
smfh.

Old 08-08-2019, 02:35 PM

264 posts, read 136,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post

"If you do not have German parents, but are born within the borders of Germany, you qualify for citizenship by birth or by right of soil."

https://www.germany-visa.org/german-citizenship/
only if another citizenship is not avalible to you, read the whole thing.

Old 08-08-2019, 02:47 PM

264 posts, read 136,419 times
Quote:
Antonio is right, Dominicans dont care about any of that, they are not pschologially invested in US drama.
most of them are more concerned about whats going on in the island than here. I tried to explain that before, they are here temporarily and they dont get too invested. Maybe 3rd generation Dominicans, but can we even call them Dominicans at that point?

Old 08-08-2019, 03:32 PM

10,056 posts, read 14,929,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
Antonio is right, Dominicans dont care about any of that, they are not pschologially invested in US drama.
most of them are more concerned about whats going on in the island than here. I tried to explain that before, they are here temporarily and they dont get too invested. Maybe 3rd generation Dominicans, but can we even call them Dominicans at that point?
Only if they can speak Spanish clearly (key word is clearly), at least have a good grasp of the history of the DR, step on Dominican soil at least once a year or two, and show a vested interests in DR and the culture. lol

Legally they are Dominican. I used to think only those with at least one Dominican parent can ask for a cédula and Dominican passport and with not much ordeal they are granted those documents at a Dominican consulate or embassy, but last year I met a person that did that simply by proving one of his grandparents was Dominican. He happen to have all four Dominican grandparents, but one is enough for this. I guess if a person can show they have a blood connection to the DR, they are able to get legal documents validating their dual citizenship. I have no idea if there is a generational limit.

Everybody else has to apply from their country of origin and go through all the process to become a legal resident, then another lengthy process to gain Dominican citizenship or marry a Dominican national. Only then they can wait for the invitation to be a part of one of these ceremonies done monthly in Santo Domingo.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas