Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2019, 07:27 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,355,439 times

Advertisements

I hear there are some major demonstrations going on all over the country now. I don't think that what is happening to the electrical grid is sabotage either. I think it's from long term neglect. The system is decrepit and unable to function properly. My knowledge of power grids is limited but they are usually very resilient with redundancies built in.

This type of catastrophy can only come from severe, long term neglect.

LINKY.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1RI0L1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2019, 12:40 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,726,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I don't think that what is happening to the electrical grid is sabotage either. I think it's from long term neglect.
It's not sabotage. It's from neglect, lack of funds to maintain it, and government incompetence. Listen, two years ago the government had to quit printing things like passports because they ran out of ink and didn't have a way of getting more ink. Journalist Jorge Ramos got thrown in jail in Caracas for a brief period last month because during his interview with Maduro he pulled out his laptop and shown pictures of kids rummaging through garbage on the street for food to eat, and Maduro got pissed of and confiscated all his equipment and locked him up. (Then released him and put him on a flight out of the country and told him not to come back.)
With things like that going on, nobody can seriously believe the electrical outages are because of "sabotage."

Old 04-30-2019, 02:03 PM

10,062 posts, read 12,720,789 times
Things have heated up in Venezuela today.
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/live-new...icolas-maduro/

Old 04-30-2019, 05:31 PM

CBS.news is just propaganda. I don't give a ripping rats acc what Pompeo and Bolton say.

Something did go on today. Shooting between troops at the airport and major protests with members of both sides on the streets. Guaidos "mentor" has taken refuge in the Columbian embassy and some soldiers have fled to the Brazilian embassy asking for asylum.

Lots of vids in this link.

https://www.rt.com/news/457985-venez...s-lopez-chile/

I think there was a coup attempt and it failed miserably.

Old 04-30-2019, 05:38 PM

I'll just leave this here.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CgPfq_1556642520

Old 04-30-2019, 05:59 PM

4,095 posts, read 3,674,626 times
Wow that running over of protesters with a tank is horrendous!

Old 04-30-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Wow that running over of protesters with a tank is horrendous!
It happens in these situations. Crewmen panic and with no good vision take off and hit people. It looks to me like the driver was trying to force the crowd back because it was being assaulted. Push came to shove.

That's not a tank either. It's an armored car. Big difference.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:32 PM

9,798 posts, read 14,648,113 times
That’s Maduro alright. I really hope the US would invade and restore order. Once the US makes a decision the world simply accepts it. Those people had enough. Even I would be celebrating when Maduro leaves power, whether its by his own decision or staring down someones rifle pointing at him.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:55 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,445,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
That’s Maduro alright. I really hope the US would invade and restore order. Once the US makes a decision the world simply accepts it. Those people had enough. Even I would be celebrating when Maduro leaves power, whether its by his own decision or staring down someones rifle pointing at him.
That;s the wrong approach though. If the US gets involved directly, then Maduro will use that to his advantage.

Old 04-30-2019, 08:11 PM

5,919 posts, read 5,821,814 times
Not going the way America would have wished at all. No business at all to invade. Perhaps lift the boycott to ease a little of the suffering and in turn allow Venezuelans to make up own minds.
The astounding thing is that the present government maintains the sup[port of military and still a lot of the people, even under such hardships. Some self imposed from within other from without.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas