Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 08:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,351 times

Advertisements

Hi. I am from Chile and live in the US for many years now, and I think your original plan is pretty much the best combination. 7 weeks in Santiago will also show you Viña del Mar and Valparaiso, as well as some day trip to some Ski Centers and or wine vineyards. Not to mention many other interesting places, who knows maybe even a few days in southern Chile might be great. Buenos Aires is one of the great cities of the world you can never go wrong visiting that city. There also you can take a few days to visit Montevideo, and why not Punta Del Este. You could also visit Mar Del Plata for example. I would definitely recommend visiting all 3 countries in the southern cone of South america. You will never regret it. I would visit the following website to get more ideas about all countries that you could visit: Moderator cut: Link not allowed.

Make an effort to visit southern Chile / southern Argentina. Trust me !

Good luck down there.

Last edited by BigSwede; 02-20-2012 at 01:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 04:47 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,807,345 times
mi español es super malo pero cuando estaba en Chile la gente me dijo que es imposible aprender español en Chile! porque en el español Chileno hay muchas palabras que no estan usado fuera de Chile! por eso, pienso que es mejor aprender español en Ecuador o Perú vivía en Ecuador por casi 3 meses y aprendi un poco español allá...

BTW, Chilean people are really very nice and the country is beautiful...I visited San Pedro de Atacama, La Serena, Valparaiso and Santiago

Last edited by k374; 02-19-2012 at 04:56 PM..

Old 02-20-2012, 01:26 AM

3 posts, read 10,783 times
Is there any host family available that welcomes foreigners to stay and learn language? Doubt it.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:37 PM

438 posts, read 1,353,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenpure View Post
Is there any host family available that welcomes foreigners to stay and learn language? Doubt it.

.................................................. ...............................................
Have a look at The Chase Education Foundation who arranges exchanges/host families and programs in Chile and Argentina (amongst other countries worldwide)

They are pretty personalized trustworthy and have catered for more than 10 thousand exchanges at the high school, graduate and post graduate level, including transfer of technology between academic institutions.

They also arrange Arts/Cultural/ Sporting programs for those wishing to arrange these types of programs.

Their Executive Director, Susan Chase, is most helpful and speaks English.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
There are also other programs, i.e. intensive Spanish courses for Execs with personalized service (they cater for Automotive and medical industries on a large scale- training their expat execs to adjust culturally and with language learning into Argentina. Their site is located at TUTORIAL and you can either speak with Gabriela (Exec Director) or Mariela (Academic Director) for more information.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:30 AM

3 posts, read 10,783 times
Hi dude,

Thanks a lot for the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCC View Post
.................................................. ...............................................
Have a look at The Chase Education Foundation who arranges exchanges/host families and programs in Chile and Argentina (amongst other countries worldwide)

They are pretty personalized trustworthy and have catered for more than 10 thousand exchanges at the high school, graduate and post graduate level, including transfer of technology between academic institutions.

They also arrange Arts/Cultural/ Sporting programs for those wishing to arrange these types of programs.

Their Executive Director, Susan Chase, is most helpful and speaks English.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
There are also other programs, i.e. intensive Spanish courses for Execs with personalized service (they cater for Automotive and medical industries on a large scale- training their expat execs to adjust culturally and with language learning into Argentina. Their site is located at TUTORIAL and you can either speak with Gabriela (Exec Director) or Mariela (Academic Director) for more information.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:13 PM

2 posts, read 4,904 times
I learned spanish in spain. I was traveling many times in south america. And for me the best and clearest spanish they speak in Ecuador. But I wanted to lay on a beach so I decide to go to Playa Tamarindo in Costa Rica to improve my spanish there. And it really helped me to improve it. And the beach there just incredible.

Greets

Last edited by Sunscape; 04-13-2013 at 03:09 PM.. Reason: Need to have more than 10 posts to place a link for anything. See Terms of Service,plse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas