U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 02:15 PM

49 posts, read 102,293 times

Advertisements

Are there any good Indian food restaraunts in anchorage? If so...which are your favorites??
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 02:52 PM

57 posts, read 122,946 times
Bombay Express in Eagle River is pretty good actually. Expensive but you get a lot of food so that makes it OK.....

Same owners as the Bombay Deluxe in Anchorage that supposedly has a lunch buffet. Not sure how good they are

Old 06-29-2010, 05:37 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,391,765 times
I liked the Bombay in Anchorage, but it was my first taste of Indian food so I have nothing to compare it to. There is also the *** and Yeti...I think their menu may be more Nepalese? But I heard they served good naan in a restaurant review.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:53 AM

1,923 posts, read 4,438,241 times
Check out my blog, I have been to all 3.
None of the indian food is spicy, at least not unless you ask for it to be so.

Food Lover~The Good, Bad & Ugly on Alaska Eateries

Old 06-30-2010, 11:45 AM

49 posts, read 102,293 times
Roadfamily, thank you! I enjoyed reading your reviews! Also, thank you to gobrien and mikeak01.

As for the food not being spicy, it's the same down here in South Florida. You have to ask for it!

Rather than starting a new thread, you guys might be able to tell me if there is a dollar store or something similar to it up in Anchorage? Down here they are all over the place but I've been unable to locate one through the internet and google. Is there such a thing?!

Thanks in advance

Old 06-30-2010, 11:59 AM

3,381 posts, read 8,714,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfamily6now View Post
Check out my blog, I have been to all 3.
None of the indian food is spicy, at least not unless you ask for it to be so.

Food Lover~The Good, Bad & Ugly on Alaska Eateries

Just visited your food blog. Wow, I think you may have eaten at more places in Anchorage than I have.... lol. Sure you have tried Gwennies and The Dish, those two should be on your blog. I agree with each and every one of your reviews, for the places I have eaten at.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaKash View Post
Just visited your food blog. Wow, I think you may have eaten at more places in Anchorage than I have.... lol. Sure you have tried Gwennies and The Dish, those two should be on your blog. I agree with each and every one of your reviews, for the places I have eaten at.
Trouble is, I am not a sushi fan. but I will try anything.

I will get to downtown and Spenard more this winter. I tend to eat where I live and work, hence the midtown, east restaurants.

I have more reviews to post. Just need to write them!

Old 07-01-2010, 11:41 AM

3,381 posts, read 8,714,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfamily6now View Post
Trouble is, I am not a sushi fan. but I will try anything.

I will get to downtown and Spenard more this winter. I tend to eat where I live and work, hence the midtown, east restaurants.

I have more reviews to post. Just need to write them!

Dish has excellent sushi. They also have several other Asian themed dishes as well.

I think the secret is out, because they used to never be so busy. Now they are packed on on the weekends they will ask if you have a reservation. Samurai Sushi on Muldoon. Old Taco Bell building..... but looks nothing like it on the inside. They too have excellent Asian Food. I like to try various fried rice across town.

For a quick eat on the East side try Hamburger Haven..... their burgers are pretty decent and very well priced. Also, The Whaler Bar and Grill has AWESOME BURGERS. DO not order their seafood if you require tartar sauce that is NOT made from sweet pickles. If you do not use tartar sauce, their seafood is also delicious.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:33 PM

57 posts, read 122,946 times
roadfamily -- seen your blog - thanks.

Agree completely on your El Rodeo and Namaste Shangri-La reviews by the way

Old 07-01-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaKash View Post
Dish has excellent sushi. They also have several other Asian themed dishes as well.

I think the secret is out, because they used to never be so busy. Now they are packed on on the weekends they will ask if you have a reservation. Samurai Sushi on Muldoon. Old Taco Bell building..... but looks nothing like it on the inside. They too have excellent Asian Food. I like to try various fried rice across town.

For a quick eat on the East side try Hamburger Haven..... their burgers are pretty decent and very well priced. Also, The Whaler Bar and Grill has AWESOME BURGERS. DO not order their seafood if you require tartar sauce that is NOT made from sweet pickles. If you do not use tartar sauce, their seafood is also delicious.

Awesome! I'll give them a shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeak01 View Post
roadfamily -- seen your blog - thanks.

Agree completely on your El Rodeo and Namaste Shangri-La reviews by the way

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
View detailed profiles of: