U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 09:13 PM

1,923 posts, read 4,322,096 times

Advertisements

Okay, let it fly! I'm sure you all have eaten somewhere you wish you had not.

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 09:24 PM

4,060 posts, read 9,197,987 times
Peanut Farm, food was fine but the service was so spotty I couldn't even get a drink refill, while others got several....

Old 01-17-2011, 09:28 PM

4,986 posts, read 9,069,717 times
Romano's on Fireweed and C. The food and service are so-so, however the owner is an absolute POS. If you try to complain about anything he will literally laugh in your face and accuse you of just trying to scam him for free food.

Besides, the food and atmosphere are much nicer at Sorrento's, just down the street.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:17 AM

261 posts, read 456,549 times
Sicily's Pizza. It's horrible. The sauce taste like pure tomato paste, the dough is bad, and the cheese stinks. It's some of the worst pizza I have ever tasted.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan3 View Post
Sicily's Pizza. It's horrible. The sauce taste like pure tomato paste, the dough is bad, and the cheese stinks. It's some of the worst pizza I have ever tasted.
Don't be tempted by their other offerings either, I've tried the sandwiches, salads and cheese sticks and was pretty unimpressed.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:46 AM

17,824 posts, read 21,781,001 times
Lucky Wishbone is over-priced, has terrible chicken and soggy french fries. It is also the ONLY restaurant I have ever encountered anywhere that sells chicken backs as "food."

Old 01-18-2011, 11:33 AM

23 posts, read 49,612 times
Las Margaritas. They have a sign at each table stating if you get more than one refill of chips or salsa, then you will be charged. The margaritas were terrible. I didn't even finish mine (that says something)! I asked the waitress if I could get my fajitas with half chicken and half shrimp and I'd pay the more expensive price. She asked the owner (also the chef) and he tried to charge me almost double and the waitress was even complaining to me that he was a jerk. I think he was pissed that we asked. The food was just okay and there is something wrong with management. I wouldn't eat there again!

Old 01-18-2011, 11:42 AM

23 posts, read 49,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Peanut Farm, food was fine but the service was so spotty I couldn't even get a drink refill, while others got several....
Agreed about the service at Peanut Farm. The wings really are good though! We specifically sit in a waitress named Robin's section. She rocks. When she is not there, then we've been really disappointed with the service!

Old 01-18-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Snow Monkey View Post
Agreed about the service at Peanut Farm. The wings really are good though! We specifically sit in a waitress named Robin's section. She rocks. When she is not there, then we've been really disappointed with the service!
Yeah the wings are good and I usually don't like wings-too much work. I was stuck with a work group and we barely got noticed. They didn't look that busy, either. A member of our group was a weekly regular and that person got good service-out of 15 people at the table.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:14 PM

1,923 posts, read 4,322,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan3 View Post
Yes, Agreed.
I have never mentioned this outside my family but DH actually got a rather large piece of metal in his lasagna (from the buffet)!!!!!
He told the owner, who probably thought we were trying to scam a free meal. But I'm not kidding. There was METAL in the food. They gave us a $10 coupon for next time and said maybe it came off of one of the machines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
View detailed profiles of: