Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 01:51 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,208,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre79 View Post
I guess there might be people tougher than you. I can't say I'm shocked by that possibility.
thats a good call I did not think about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 06:07 PM

261 posts, read 503,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Until it gets below freezing and especially when its below 0, I dont even like walking from my car to fred meyers let alone just loitering around in that weather and sleeping in an unheated tent, thats a recipe for death.

I camp in below zero temps all the time,to many of us it's really no big deal.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan3 View Post
I camp in below zero temps all the time,to many of us it's really no big deal.
yea but its a different story when you can never get warm, maybe thats just me. you do see a few homeless die every year of exposure but it could be from alcohol since that makes you feel warmer than you really are.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:39 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,415,310 times
Quote:
Something has to be done about the cost of housing in anchorage, maybe the answer is to create more section 8 housing if land lords want to keep price gouging.
I think that people who rent don't realize that owning is, well, expensive! Having renters is also expensive. They require support and investment. Charging what you want to charge to rent your place is not "price gouging." You have a choice. You don't want to pay the rent, don't live there. Live somewhere else.

That said, I gave a major rent break to my tenants who are so fantastic it's worth the financial hit. It took months to find them. I'd rather have my place empty than have bad tenants in, and people who complain about rent prices raise my red flags. So you want to live in a nice place, you're going to have to pay whether you rent OR own.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:40 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,415,310 times
Quote:
Made even more difficult by fish and game regulations.
Yeah how dare we try to manage the resources that belong to all of us so that there are enough to go around.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzile View Post
Yeah how dare we try to manage the resources that belong to all of us so that there are enough to go around.
Do you ever notice that people that have friends or work for the fish and game always get a bison tag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage