Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 12:34 PM

3 posts, read 9,602 times

Advertisements

If anyone is thinking of using a moving company, Please chek all cridentals , and do not use Eric or Melinda Stites from GA ,, They are crooks ,Scammers theifs. they will take your stuff and money and never complete your shipment, and because you sign a contract wtih them it makes it ok with the law not to put them in jail, its called a civil matter . and then you must take them to court.alot of good thats going to do.and you also have to repay to get your stuff from MN to Alalska a 2 time.. while the theifs are spending our money, The Stites have ripped off about 9 families in alaska. so Becareful who you allow to have your stuff ,pay alittle more money to use a big company you will get your stuff on time w / out lies and problems..

Last edited by Cindys71; 09-25-2009 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: title spelt wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 04:04 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,437,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindys71 View Post
If anyone is thinking of using a moving company, Please chek all cridentals , and do not use Eric or Melinda Stites from GA ,, They are crooks ,Scammers theifs. they will take your stuff and money and never complete your shipment, and because you sign a contract wtih them it makes it ok with the law not to put them in jail, its called a civil matter . and then you must take them to court.alot of good thats going to do.and you also have to repay to get your stuff from MN to Alalska a 2 time.. while the theifs are spending our money, The Stites have ripped off about 9 families in alaska. so Becareful who you allow to have your stuff ,pay alittle more money to use a big company you will get your stuff on time w / out lies and problems..
I've heard horror stories like this before of companies who pull this. You can put a report into the Better Business Bureau in Georgia, which is what I would do if it were me. Simply go to their website and log in the complaint. When did this happen?

Old 09-25-2009, 07:25 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,853,247 times
Quote:
We shipped our stuff from MN to AK with Carlile...they have a depot in Forest Lake, and the stuff made it before we did! What possessed you to contract with a company from Georgia to move to Alaska from MN?

Last edited by Grannysroost; 09-25-2009 at 08:05 PM..

Old 09-25-2009, 07:41 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,738,798 times
sorry that this happened to you...keep posting about them everywhere you can!

Quote:

Old 09-29-2011, 06:35 AM

2 posts, read 2,723 times
Hi, I am the Eric Stites that you're talking about, Cindy. Yes, we treated you guys unfairly, and there are no words to express how much I have regretted that. We earned every remark you've put on here about us. I won't try to justify our actions... we simply got in over our heads thinking we could get your things and others' up there to you, and when we ran into trouble, we found ourselves with no way to fix what would become a downward spiral, and we panicked. A bit of jail time, a near-fatal miscarriage, and a lot of miserable living later, we've reaped what we sowed. I'm sorry that we didn't keep our promise to you. I hope you have since been able to move on, and I hope life is great for you and yours in Alaska... it's absolutely amazing up there.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:47 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,425,378 times
Beautiful apology. Did you give her back her stuff? Or pay her for it? And you left other people in the same boat?

Scammers and lowlifes like you SUCK.

The only sad thing about your post is that it seems to indicate that you are out of jail. Sounds like you belong there.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:45 AM

804 posts, read 2,892,787 times
I highly doubt that was the actual person. Probaly someone who just amde an account looking to play a trick on people.

The agency we work for moves us around every few years and we use Government contracted movers to move out household items. We have never had a problem (we consider ourself lucky) but we have heard all the horror stories.
Since the movers know all the person being moved has to do it put in a claim for the item and it will be replaced with little to no repercussion to the movers they think it is no big deal to take a XBOX or TV and use it for themselves or give it as a gift.
Funny side story.. On one of our moves my buddy and I were returning home and I happened to have on a Tshirt that said to the effect of Federal Law Enforcement. As we approached the moving van we could smell the undeniable odor of marijuana. (this was before the state had legal medical marijuana) I approached the trailer so the occupant could not see us approaching and pretended that I did not see him as I stood there in plain sight so he could read the large lettering on the back of my shirt.
That loader went out the other side of the trailer never to be seen again by the crew loading our house hold items. When asked if we had seen him I said yes he was inthe trailer smoking dope and saw us and ran off so I am guessing he quit.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:22 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
Seems kind of odd that this Stites person would stumble across this site, then across this thread. Odds must be like one in a million?

Old 10-23-2011, 06:04 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,289,376 times
Maybe he was googling himself? I've heard that if you keep doing that it'll make you go blind.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:29 PM

635 posts, read 1,655,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre79 View Post
Maybe he was googling himself? I've heard that if you keep doing that it'll make you go blind.

LOL! Now thats funny. Not the scamming part though...yea you can search your own name and come up with stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
View detailed profiles of: