U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2012, 03:22 AM

9 posts, read 9,093 times

Advertisements

Hey ya'll!! I just joined the site, but I'm not a "newbie" to mass cybercasm. Haha Anyways, I'm moving back to Alaska after being gone for over 11yrs. I grew up in Fairbanks, but moved to the east coast and after being in the city for that long, Fairbanks just wasn't my first choice. I'll be moving to Anchorage (ATown, AnchorTown, AHole) and I can't wait. I've been searching through various threads and posts on here and I want to be completely sure I'm looking at the right neighborhoods to move into. A friend sent me this link a hour ago, which has helped me in my search for an apt/condo. Anchorage Crime Map | Alaska news at adn.com It is current as of today. I've read on this site to stay away from any "hood" that ends with the word "view", Spenard and Muldoon. But I'm hearing that Muldoon isn't bad. What I'm looking for is a place affordable, but not in the middle of all the madness. I'll be working at Elmendorf and I'm not looking for a crazy commute, to and from Eagle River. Is there a section of town for me?? Thanks in advance for all replies, positive or negative.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 05:47 PM

863 posts, read 1,913,125 times
Why not just move to Eagle River? It's a pleasant suburb (I'm suppressing my personal bias against suburbs...) with nice scenery, lots of recreation, and 10 miles from downtown. Honestly, I don't see what advantage any part of Anchorage would have over ER if you're working on base and don't want to live downtown for the nightlife, urban atmosphere or something.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage