U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 09-21-2012, 09:44 PM
9 posts, read 9,347 times
Reputation: 17


I usually don't get involved in other's family issues, but I have a friend who is being accused of abusing her children. This woman in no way harms her children. She loves them dearly and I've been a witness to that. Even when she has to discipline her children, they don't react in a "traumatic" way when she speaks in a stern voice. She's a single mother of two, works full-time, and attends school full-time. Currently, her children have been removed from the household and I've been pushing her to get a lawyer. She wants to get one, but doesn't have the finances or resources. How can I help her? Are there any state programs that will help her with legal fees? It's a shame that the system, in her case, is working in the wrong direction. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Location: anchorage
313 posts, read 305,827 times
Reputation: 220
Its hard to beat the state government. They hold all the cards and have free lawyers and you can go broke trying to beat them. If she doesn't have the money i would suggest she go thru all their parenting programs with a promise that she gets her kids back in the end. What i found ironic was the people trying to tell you how to be a proper parent had no kids of their own. As we all know parenting isnt something you learn in a class room. I dont know this woman, but if she truely is a good parent she wont give up till she gets her kids back. i wish her luck.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2012, 01:55 PM
9 posts, read 9,347 times
Reputation: 17
Thanks. I'm just curious, if she does bow down to the state and goes along with whatever they have her do to get her kids, doesn't that show some type of admission to the allegations? Will she have a criminal record? Ironically, she works in the social services field. I hope she doesn't lose her job or even worse, not be able to persue her career in child psychology. Someone gave me the number to Alaska Legal Services Corp, a non-profit law organization for those with low incomes. I hope they can help her. Thanks again for the response.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top