U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-18-2013, 02:45 PM
 
Location: 112 Ocean Avenue
5,706 posts, read 8,724,817 times
Reputation: 8914

Advertisements

Run On Guns Has Now Forced Poor Robbers To Stick Up Banks At Hammerpoint | The Smoking Gun

Man oh man, this poor fellow couldn't even find a gun to rob a bank. It's time we impeach the socialist Obummer for denying this man his second amendment rights to bear arms.

Jesus, pretty soon we'll be hearing about Alaskans robbing banks using a frozen salmon as a weapon. So so sad.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-18-2013, 05:18 PM
 
Location: Anchorage
96 posts, read 203,407 times
Reputation: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Run On Guns Has Now Forced Poor Robbers To Stick Up Banks At Hammerpoint | The Smoking Gun

Man oh man, this poor fellow couldn't even find a gun to rob a bank. It's time we impeach the socialist Obummer for denying this man his second amendment rights to bear arms.

Jesus, pretty soon we'll be hearing about Alaskans robbing banks using a frozen salmon as a weapon. So so sad.
I was listening to them talk about this on the radio earlier. I just can't believe the teller handed over cash. The whole thing is laughable. The robber clearly has mental issues.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 05:24 PM
 
Location: Wasilla, Alaska - USA
275 posts, read 521,367 times
Reputation: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by muttonhead View Post
I was listening to them talk about this on the radio earlier. I just can't believe the teller handed over cash. The whole thing is laughable. The robber clearly has mental issues.
Tellers are trained to hand over cash and not resist in any bank robbery situation. The bank money is insured, the only thing at risk is the safety of the teller and others in the bank.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 05:36 PM
 
Location: Anchorage
96 posts, read 203,407 times
Reputation: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetraveler View Post
Tellers are trained to hand over cash and not resist in any bank robbery situation. The bank money is insured, the only thing at risk is the safety of the teller and others in the bank.
A hammer on a counter really isn't that threatening...at least I don't think so.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 07:23 PM
 
4,715 posts, read 9,580,788 times
Reputation: 2177
Hammer can be a deadly weapon...

And an unarmed teller doesn't have more than a pen to defend themselves. Unless there is a thick bullet proof glass partition, that sounds threatening enough to warrant compliance. Heck a hold up note stating I have a bomb will work. Of course giving the dye pack stack and popping the hold up alarm too.

Stupid move though.... Bank robbers, even the stupid idjit ones get long federal sentences.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 08:05 PM
 
482 posts, read 795,153 times
Reputation: 386
I am pretty sure hammers killed more people than rifles last year....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2013, 12:16 AM
 
Location: Dangling from a mooses antlers
7,305 posts, read 13,210,908 times
Reputation: 6189
Just so ya know the robber didn't get away.

" 'OK, sir you're robbing a bank,' " he recalled telling the older man. "You need to turn around and go back to the bank."Upon hearing the word "robbery," Rice became agitated and tried to walk past Lake, Lake said.At some point in the encounter, Rice asked Lake if he was making a citizen's arrest."He was like, 'Who are you?' ""I told him right then and there, 'Sir, I'm a U.S. Marine. You need to turn around and go back to the bank,' " Lake said.

Passer-by walking by bank stops alleged robber | Crime | ADN.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2013, 12:52 AM
 
Location: Anchorage
96 posts, read 203,407 times
Reputation: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAndJulie View Post
I am pretty sure hammers killed more people than rifles last year....


I'm sure a hammer can seem threatening...since you're separated by a counter and could move away. I'd be more worried by a bomb threat since it's an unknown. Having been held up at gunpoint more than once in my life, a hammer seems pretty lame.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2013, 02:38 AM
 
1,084 posts, read 1,844,754 times
Reputation: 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by muttonhead View Post


I'm sure a hammer can seem threatening...since you're separated by a counter and could move away. I'd be more worried by a bomb threat since it's an unknown. Having been held up at gunpoint more than once in my life, a hammer seems pretty lame.
Until you've been hit in the head with one.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2013, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Anchorage
96 posts, read 203,407 times
Reputation: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzzz01 View Post
Until you've been hit in the head with one.
LOL true dat.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top