Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 04:32 PM

20 posts, read 41,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Yep, good ethnic food is definitely the one thing we miss up here too. You'll soon discover that much of the activity during you frequent vacations down south will center around eating at all of your old favorite restaurants!
that or places you have never eaten at before. I still want to try Sonics and Chic a Filet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 04:44 PM

49 posts, read 106,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman441 View Post
that or places you have never eaten at before. I still want to try Sonics and Chic a Filet.
Sonic... chili cheese dogs with mustard and onion... yummy! Every thing else there - blah.
Chic-Fil-A... one our all time favorite fast food. Little pricey for fast food but great service, food, atmosphere, and company!

If you're ever in Texas, Whataburger is the place to try. It's a Texas fast food staple!

Old 07-07-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonorth9 View Post
Sonic... chili cheese dogs with mustard and onion... yummy! Every thing else there - blah.
Chic-Fil-A... one our all time favorite fast food. Little pricey for fast food but great service, food, atmosphere, and company!

If you're ever in Texas, Whataburger is the place to try. It's a Texas fast food staple!
oh yeah forgot about them too, I finally tried In and Out when I was in Vegas the last time, It wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I still prefer Arctic Roadrunner.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:18 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,032,879 times
Yes, I tried a Chick-Fil-A last time I was down in PA. Surprisingly good. Not a five star restaurant by any means, but clean, well run, and good service.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:26 PM

thats cool, I heard they were kind of like KFC and I had 2 people tell me it wasn't that great but I want to try it anyway. Have you tried Hash House a Go Go, I think it's mostly in California and Nevada.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:54 PM

482 posts, read 875,694 times
It is a thousand times better than KFC. Also, your order is never wrong and it is very fast. They actually look like they enjoy their job and to top it off they are always clean inside. And, every single one of them is like this.

Oh yeah, and the chicken is real chicken. It's not stuff that is ground up and could be mistaken for a hot dog ingredient.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:07 PM

that's cool, I have not eaten at KFC in a very long time, that place just needs to shut down, I do like their biscuits and mashed potatoes and gravy but their chicken is just not right. I haven't really eaten alot of fast food, I've cut way back on it. Every once in awhile I will go to Taco Bell, Arby's or Subway but most places make me sick. The last time I was at a Mcdonalds I got sick for a week. Carls Jr I got food poisoning from and just from talking from 2 or 3 other people with 2 being in different cities they all got food poisoning from there too.

I'm actually going to be able to start travelling soon so I'm going to have to try some of these places.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:23 PM

482 posts, read 875,694 times
That is so true. It seems like now that we eat out maybe once a month my stomach just won't tolerate fast food. When you read the ingredients, it's no wonder. DH got food poisoning pretty bad from Taco Bell last year and I refuse to feed my kids there. I'd rather stop on the side of the road and pluck grass for them to eat. Gross. Good luck in your travels. Bring some Pepto.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:58 PM

haha that's the way I feel about Carl Jr's and Mcdonalds. I won a free burger from Carl jr's and I finally ended up getting it as I was out and about, but when I got home I sliced a little bit of it off and gave the rest to my brother. I just wanted to see if it tasted ok or not. After the Mcdonalds fiasco I started to make my own stuff, or atleast as much as I could do.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:34 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,781,119 times
Barf.

To the OP: do you fish or hunt? You'll forget about that fast food nonsense soon enough if you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage