Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2013, 09:31 PM

42 posts, read 152,827 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We have a few pieces of heirloom furniture we need to have shipped up here from TN. Any suggestions for what would be the most economical way to have this shipped? It would probably amount to one room's worth of furniture. China cabinet, wardrobe, blanket chest and a few other small things. Obviously not stuff that we want to see damaged, but we don't want to leave it sitting in storage there indefinitely, either.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 11:53 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,517,187 times
ABF will ship a relo-cube. The quote I got from Miami to Juneau was $4157 or $7950 for two. Not really 'cheap'. The relocubes are not all that big either. (6'x7'x8') and they want 12 days to get it there. I was quoted two for a 1 bedroom house. Assuming you can't trailer it up yourself -- I haven't found a 'cheap' way to do it. I've checked a whole bunch of places too. They are all close to the above - and there are not that many that go to Alaska.

I only consider cargo trailering it yourself 'cheap' because you should be able to sell the trailer for something once you get there. I don't believe the you can sell it for more than you bought it for stories... I wouldn't count on that to make ends meet. Personally, I figure I should be able to get fairly close to what I bought it for assuming it makes it in good condition up there. Anything else is gravy. I am also assuming you have something to pull it with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
View detailed profiles of: