Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 04:51 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,748,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
You don't drink -? hmmm. something wrong with that statement. I think you mean.. you do not consume alcohol; but you do drink !! (other liquids).
Your infamous one liners - need much work. Take the time to construct a sentence.
everyone else knows what he meant as it is typical language....foolishness of simple minds to have nothing better to comment on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 05:38 PM

2 posts, read 3,095 times
[LEFT]Sorry for digging up an old thread but this topic is what I was hoping to find answers in.

My wife has a great opportunity to move up to Alaska for a fantastic job. While we live full time in another state currently, she'll need to move to outside of the Anchorage area full time. I understand with the concerns of her, she'll qualify for the PFD being she'll be there 365 days a year (Minus Vacations of course). So here is my question, I currently am employed with Alaska Airlines within another state and I have no desires to transfer but I am able to commute on my days off to be with her at our house. I'll be having all my mail sent to our home, all vehicles will all be registered at our residents, I'll just be commuting to and from work via air and crash padding in another state. So in all regards I'll be home only 3 days a week. I have no desires to "Scam" on the PFD (dont need it to be honest) I just want to know where I stand.

[/LEFT]
So in a nut shell, my wife will be living outside of Anchorage 365 days a year in our house and I'll only be in state 3 days a week due to my employment. So how does that work out?

Last edited by Hawk-N-Out; 10-11-2011 at 05:51 PM..

Old 10-11-2011, 06:07 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,030,310 times
If you are paying income tax in another state, or maintaining a residence there for purposes of employment (your home of record), you won't qualify for a PFD. You could try explaining it to the PFD division - they have the final say - but I doubt they would buy it.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:41 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,702,041 times
Don't even think about scamming the PFD. They employ a whole bunch of investigators that crack the whip on fraud. It's ain't worth it.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:57 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,443,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk-N-Out View Post
[LEFT]Sorry for digging up an old thread but this topic is what I was hoping to find answers in.

My wife has a great opportunity to move up to Alaska for a fantastic job. While we live full time in another state currently, she'll need to move to outside of the Anchorage area full time. I understand with the concerns of her, she'll qualify for the PFD being she'll be there 365 days a year (Minus Vacations of course). So here is my question, I currently am employed with Alaska Airlines within another state and I have no desires to transfer but I am able to commute on my days off to be with her at our house. I'll be having all my mail sent to our home, all vehicles will all be registered at our residents, I'll just be commuting to and from work via air and crash padding in another state. So in all regards I'll be home only 3 days a week. I have no desires to "Scam" on the PFD (dont need it to be honest) I just want to know where I stand.

[/LEFT]
So in a nut shell, my wife will be living outside of Anchorage 365 days a year in our house and I'll only be in state 3 days a week due to my employment. So how does that work out?

You haven't made the move yet or your wife hasn't, and already your asking about the PFD?! Why not call the PFD outright after she's here and ask them? You'll get correct answers.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:35 PM

2 posts, read 3,095 times
Wow you guys are sad, like I said I am not interested per say just curious where I stand when we move....never mind.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:34 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,443,786 times
My point was why not wait until after the move and then call the PFD office directly. Again, you'll get correct information. Sorry, but Alaskans get touchy on the subject when one hasn't even moved here.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:59 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,702,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk-N-Out View Post
Wow you guys are sad, like I said I am not interested per say just curious where I stand when we move....never mind.
No, we're not sad. Just tired of people that are lookin' for the free ride. Why even ask about that? Why not ask about important stuff first??????????

Old 10-11-2011, 10:27 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,551,467 times
You can't be out of the state for more than 180 days in any one year, so no, you won't qualify. Your wife will qualify after living here for one full calendar year. Timing-wise, if she is moving in January, it would behoove her to be here December 31st.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:27 AM

2,795 posts, read 5,620,450 times
Here's the relevant links to answer your question:
Eligibility: State of Alaska - Permanent Fund Dividend Division (http://pfd.alaska.gov/eligibility/index.aspx - broken link)
Establishing Residency: State of Alaska - Permanent Fund Dividend Division (http://pfd.alaska.gov/eligibility/establishingResidency.aspx - broken link)
Absence Guidelines: State of Alaska - Permanent Fund Dividend Division
(http://pfd.alaska.gov/absences/index.aspx - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage