Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 05:40 PM

83 posts, read 90,168 times

Advertisements

Come on! The place is buried in ft. Of snow for months, every year there are days where its in your best interest to call in and just stay in where you are not freezing.

Of course there's sports fans, there's a lot of Duke and New Jersey fans because we have dude's that grew up in AK. Trajon Langdon went to East High then Duke Carlos Boozer went to Juneau then Duke and Scotty Gomez went to West High I think before a championship in hocky.

There's lots of sports fans.... Just not on here i guess.

Go Heat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 12:36 PM

23 posts, read 28,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Sports are fun to participate in or fun to watch when you're children are playing them. As for watching millionaires play with balls it's kinda mindless. But then again some people think professional wrestling is real.

I'd rather be outside doing something like, hiking, skiing, 4 wheeling, snow machining, fishing, hunting, prospecting, building stuff, cutting fire wood, gardening, berry picking, star gazing, boating, beach combing or playing with my children, grandchildren and nieces and nephews. The list is endless.

If I have to be inside I could come up with tons of other things to do besides sitting in front of the tv watching and waiting hours for someone to score one goal in a soccer game. Or watching a bunch of self entitled millionaires disrespect my country by kneeling when our national anthem is being played. I'd rather pay good money to watch a plumber fix my busted toliet.

Keep politics off of this forum. Thanks.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:10 PM

2,383 posts, read 3,062,771 times
You betcha. lol

Old 02-20-2019, 10:31 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,506,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedwretched View Post
Keep politics off of this forum. Thanks.

There was nothing political about his post. So you're the one that's out of line. This is an Alaska forum. Don't like it, go to your own state's forum.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:06 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,737,965 times
So again, who do you root for? The Seahawks are definitely the #1 NFL team in Alaska, but they are in somewhat a rebuilding mode. The Mariners are completely rebuilding, but could surprise. And then you have to factor in all the local fans from Green Bay, Chicago, and any team from Texas.

Who do you think will be contenders in MLB and NFL this year?

Old 04-24-2019, 12:43 AM

9,398 posts, read 8,737,965 times
Well, the Mariners did surprise, still with the best record in the majors tonight. We'll see how it plays out. Looks like MLB will be full of surprises this year! World Series winner Boston off to a somewhat slow start,.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage