Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 10:45 PM

2 posts, read 10,904 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know witch jobs in Anchorage hires felons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 08:26 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,016,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracehupko View Post
Does anyone know witch jobs in Anchorage hires felons.
Well, I suppose witches can be felons.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:44 PM

25 posts, read 90,207 times
Default Jobs for felons

Get into Alaska Politics !!

Old 10-27-2008, 02:47 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Most of the witch jobs are already taken. They usually don't work after November 1st.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:30 PM

1 posts, read 8,488 times
Witch Jobs. . . That's funny stuff. . . On a serious note, I'm a felon living in Indiana and I have a very understanding parole officer that is willing to let me do just about anything ( legally ) to obtain employment. A relative got an offer for a job in Alaska that will net him $10k + in 80 days but I have yet to find out if there are more openings or even what type of work this entails, but neither of the latter concern me. I must find a job. Period. I'd greatly appreciate any tips that anyone could provide, but they must be factual and available for research and confirmation, whether by phone, fax, or e-mail. Mail me at [email]micagarrett@gmail.com[/email] if you can help. Thank You. Oh. . . and Blessed Be!

Old 12-14-2009, 10:29 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Your best bet is to contact your relative. Details of these types of jobs are not shared with the general public.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:42 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,363,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonWenger View Post
A relative got an offer for a job in Alaska that will net him $10k + in 80 days but I have yet to find out if there are more openings or even what type of work this entails, but neither of the latter concern me.
Wow..........Hmmm........am I the only one catching the fishy smell here???

Old 12-15-2009, 06:14 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,728,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akvarmit View Post
Wow..........Hmmm........am I the only one catching the fishy smell here???
BIG TIME! internal sonar slight "ping" with this posting!

Old 12-26-2009, 02:36 AM

1 posts, read 8,385 times
Default Just depends on who you know probably

I read a news story online about a survey that stated Anchorage had the highest % of employers planning on hiring in late 09 or something. Also the unemployment rate is way lower than mostly everywhere in Alaska. I've been applying here in Anchorage for two months and have not had one call back or interview. I've applied to probably 70 jobs. (Since I have a very limited work history (only one employee has hired me before, even though I've been applying to jobs for six years), that could be a reason for some hiring managers to not hire me. I changed my resume several times to see if my resume is not impressing, buy I think it comes down to if the hiring manager doesn't like you than there's not much of a chance. I read that unemployment for 18-twenty something year olds is over 50% so that might affect my chances too. Wish I knew this before, instead of believing that if I kept trying, something will eventually work out. This cycle of filling out paper forms, job openings research and trying to impress people for the chance of getting some $ is getting old. My suggestion is if you really want a job, just act, look, and talk the way you think the person in charge of hiring thinks if cool, or you could try starting a new life in a commune where you live off the land to be less dependent on $.

Last edited by overstanding; 12-26-2009 at 02:41 AM.. Reason: Grammer error

Old 12-26-2009, 02:45 AM

251 posts, read 679,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overstanding View Post
I read a news story online about a survey that stated Anchorage had the highest % of employers planning on hiring in late 09 or something. Also the unemployment rate is way lower than mostly everywhere in Alaska. I've been applying here in Anchorage for two months and have not had one call back or interview. I've applied to probably 70 jobs. (Since I have a very limited work history (only one employee has hired me before, even though I've been applying to jobs for six years), that could be a reason for some hiring managers to not hire me. I changed my resume several times to see if my resume is not impressing, buy I think it comes down to if the hiring manager doesn't like you than there's not much of a chance. I read that unemployment for 18-twenty something year olds is over 50% so that might affect my chances too. Wish I knew this before, instead of believing that if I kept trying, something will eventually work out. This cycle of filling out paper forms, risking your life driving to apply in person, and trying to impress people for the chance of getting some $ is getting old. My suggestion is if you really want a job, just act, look, and talk the way you think the person in charge of hiring thinks if cool, or you could try starting a new life in a commune where you live off the land to be less dependent on $.
What skills or degrees do you hold, even with a chemical engineering degree it took me a year to find my first job out of school and I made sure I kept that job for going on 5 years now and built up my net work. If you dont have any skills (engineer, code welder, journyman, etc) your pretty much SOL, the unemployment rate is low because people that were laid off left the state and anyone that still has there job is probably ok but you should not confuse that with a boom market where people are hiring left and right because they are not. I would find a good central location like your parents house or something and start looking for work nation wide and start doing phone interviews, but without a strong resume and strong solid skill sets you are pretty much wasting your time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage