Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2007, 12:56 PM

3 posts, read 12,653 times

Advertisements

whats there to do in anchorage for 20-30 yr olds other than party? im from the northern portion of ny. im looking to move to a town near anchorage this fall. can someone give me the dirty on things to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2007, 01:35 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,884,530 times
Ski! At Alyeska Resort, Girdwood, a half-hour drive south of Anchorage. If you're not into skiing, how about snowmachining in Hatcher Pass, or Turnagain Pass, points north or south of Anchorage on the road system. Both about an 1 1/2hr drive. In the summer fishing is hot in multiple places. Biking also very popular in the summer (pedal bikes, dirt bikes, and Harleys all part of the mix) But...I'm an old fart...anyone young want to pitch in on this thread?
Bud

Old 03-18-2007, 04:00 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,826,734 times
Skiing (x-country or downhill), snowboarding, hiking, mountainbiking, fishing, camping, water skiing, wake boarding, para-sailing, surfing (yes...surfing), motorcycles (on and off road), snowmachining (a trillion miles of trails on the peninsula), hang gliding, ultralight flying, mountain climbing, ice climbing, hunting, car racing, motorcycle racing, white water rafting, canoeing or kayaking, sailing, scuba diving, jet ski's, fairs, concerts, plays, marathons, and then what ever hobbies might intrest you. I'm leaving something out I'm sure...what do you call that sport of kite wake boarding? They do that here too. Lot's to do man...lot's to do.

Old 03-18-2007, 05:36 PM

63 posts, read 278,762 times
Well I am 25 and my husband is 26 we are getting ready to move up their. When we were there for the 3 weeks in January we skied, took walks, went downtown to watch the ice sculptures be made ( had good coffee), went to the movies, and went to Kincaid park and cross country skied take in the sights. Haven't been there in the summer, but I imagine it is pretty amazing. Oh almost forgot we went ice climbing. I'm sure the kayaking is great i'm looking forward to that.

Cynthia

Old 03-18-2007, 07:20 PM

4 posts, read 18,467 times
Hello,
This is Mae Reese. I've always wanted to live in Alaska. I saw some gardening shows there and veggies grew so big! My husband retires soon and I would love to visit or even use the free property in Anderson, Alaska! I want to fall in love all over again but in Alaska!

Old 03-18-2007, 07:28 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,826,734 times
There is a thread here in regards to the Anderson Land Giveaway. Check it out for mailing address and e-mailing the contact person.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:04 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,228,177 times
The problem isn't what to do, so much as find the time to do it all. The outdoor life is all around. Find your passion and indulge yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
View detailed profiles of: