Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 01:38 PM

6 posts, read 12,829 times

Advertisements

Hey eveyone,

I need help finding people who would be interested in submitting themselves for a possible reality show. I work for a production company in Los Angeles. We are exploring the viability of a show based on an initial concept. Think Deadliest Catch meets Dirty Jobs meets Real Housewives Of NYC (except in this case it would be Real Men Of Alaska.) We are looking to find a few attractive faces and big characters to give us an idea of what the people of AK can look and feel like, before we start pitching the how. Guys with tough and dangerous jobs; Single or married, with or without kids; Wives/girlfriends that want to submit their significant other; new couples that have just moved to Anchorage.

If you know of any great places to look, forums to post on or anyone who’d be interested, please have them contact me via email at either:
castingrealityshow@gmail.com

Also happy to answer any questions.

Thanks, Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 02:53 PM

140 posts, read 470,863 times
Of course working in oil rigs..I love that show- dirty jobs

Old 04-01-2009, 03:06 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,021,418 times
Is this "show" to be hosted by a guy named Lone Traveler?

Old 04-01-2009, 04:26 PM

140 posts, read 470,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
ahaahhaha

Old 04-01-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
lol, no - no host show.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:29 PM

989 posts, read 3,526,245 times
What about something on whaling? It may be a bit controversial, but its filled with adventure and culture. There would be many who would not like that we hunt and kill whales but there's nothing more Alaskan than whaling as far as I'm concerned. Respect is shown to the whale and the entire animal is used.

For spring whaling you start out by cleaning out the ice cellars and laying down a fresh bed of snow inside for the whale. The ladies then stitch the boat skins and the boats are put out to dry and tighten. The men start breaking trail towards the middle of March (we are still working on ours, as are many).

By the end of April camps are set up out near the open water and whaling is under way. When a whale is spotted the men paddle after it in the skin boats and try to get it. If they are successful block and tackle is used to get the whale up on the ice, this takes a lot of time and people.

When the whale is finally up the butchering begins and sleds are used to haul the food back to the waiting ice cellars. The captains crew puts on a celebration feast that all enjoy.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:48 PM

946 posts, read 2,604,208 times
Setnetting, preferably at the mouth of a river with lots of glacier silt.

Teaching in a Bush school with no on-site principal. (Or maybe with--those dynamics can get pretty dirty). Teaching is a pretty clean job but the problems I've had with my decades old house, HUD-designed for climates like Florida--that has been nasty.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:56 PM

thanks for the whaling, oil rigging and setnetting tips. will def look into it.

also... if anyone is interested, pls email me to for submission guidelines.

thx,

brian
castingrealityshow@gmail.com

Old 04-01-2009, 06:43 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,689,820 times
I've never seen a legit production company use a gmail account for communications. How about posting the name, address, phone number and contact person for your company?

Old 04-01-2009, 06:45 PM

322 posts, read 902,992 times
I wouldn't think a legit company would recruit from a posting forum either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage