Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 04:18 PM

19,726 posts, read 10,506,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
do you really think Mr Wizard know enough that the insurance company will not pay for anything as he is accepting money which puts him as a taxi service??!! And he's blabbed it all over the internet to boot!!
too much air pressure in his brain...had to have tooth pulled to relieve it!!!

Old 07-09-2009, 05:34 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,867,808 times
Quote:
do you really think Mr Wizard know enough that the insurance company will not pay for anything as he is accepting money which puts him as a taxi service??!! And he's blabbed it all over the internet to boot!!
too much air pressure in his brain...had to have tooth pulled to relieve it!!!
Well honestly it isn't any different than carpooling, I have taken gas money to haul people around in my lifetime and don't think my insurance was a problem. I would think of asking anyone for a ride without giving them something for gas.

I think Bob wanted to be doing things that just aren't in his blood. He seems to happy fantasizing on the computer, so be it. He could be doing a lot worse.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:56 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,752,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Well honestly it isn't any different than carpooling, I have taken gas money to haul people around in my lifetime and don't think my insurance was a problem. I would think of asking anyone for a ride without giving them something for gas.

I think Bob wanted to be doing things that just aren't in his blood. He seems to happy fantasizing on the computer, so be it. He could be doing a lot worse.
sorry but reality is that if you/he or anyone is in an accident and the insurance company finds out that you or anyone planned a trip and requested a monetary amount classifies you as a taxi and will not pay for any and all medical expenses related to the accident. Carpooling which involves alternate days of driving and no exchange of money is a different thing. Once you accept money for gas or trip expenses is the difference. this is across the board in all US states. Most people don't realize this until there is an accident and then you are screwed. Insurance companies are out for themselves and will use any and all loopholes to not pay medical expenses due to an accident.
I know of people who have lost there homes, livelihood...everything because of this very issue.
As a survivor of a life altering auto accident and several years in court I have gleaned a lot from lawyers and the legal system and insurance companies.....beware and learn....

Old 07-09-2009, 06:16 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,366,607 times
After Safe travels Florida to Alaska drive and working at ARA Mark Denali Chalet. Mr bob got speeding ticket today, cost $82.00. Go with the Punches Easy Slower Driving now on and no more passing big motor homes on highway. Alaska State Trooper gave ticket to Mr bob on the way back to Chalet from Fairbanks. yes indeed.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:25 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,752,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Blockus View Post
After Safe travels Florida to Alaska drive and working at ARA Mark Denali Chalet. Mr bob got speeding ticket today, cost $82.00. Go with the Punches Easy Slower Driving now on and no more passing big motor homes on highway. Alaska State Trooper gave ticket to Mr bob on the way back to Chalet from Fairbanks. yes indeed.
Momma's not gonna be happy with this bill!! I'll bet she didn't plan on speeding tickets on top of the expense of the trip and new computer, junk food ect....Bob reality grip here....take you med's or make an appointment with a GP doctor to adjust them!~

Old 07-09-2009, 06:30 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,858,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Blockus View Post
Welcome to Alaska Bob.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:56 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,867,808 times
Quote:
sorry but reality is that if you/he or anyone is in an accident and the insurance company finds out that you or anyone planned a trip and requested a monetary amount classifies you as a taxi and will not pay for any and all medical expenses related to the accident. Carpooling which involves alternate days of driving and no exchange of money is a different thing. Once you accept money for gas or trip expenses is the difference. this is across the board in all US states. Most people don't realize this until there is an accident and then you are screwed. Insurance companies are out for themselves and will use any and all loopholes to not pay medical expenses due to an accident.
I know of people who have lost there homes, livelihood...everything because of this very issue.
As a survivor of a life altering auto accident and several years in court I have gleaned a lot from lawyers and the legal system and insurance companies.....beware and learn....
I have been in car pools where the person with the bigger vehicle drove and we all chipped in on the gas. I just called my insurance agent and asked her if I am planning a trip to town and a friend that doesn't have a car offered me money for gas if I am considered a taxi...she laughed at me and said you are joking "right."

Old 07-09-2009, 07:11 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,366,607 times
Mr bob Adventure today with International co worker Friends drive into Fairbanks. got about
$40 tip at the end. Thursday 8 am to 4 pm from Chalet Denali, Alaska.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:15 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,165,020 times
Sketchy looking bunch...

Old 07-09-2009, 07:19 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,858,180 times
High speed hoodlums from Denali Chalet yes indeed. Before ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage