Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2009, 03:36 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,443,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Boy View Post
Why would you hope that? What makes him undeserving of having a job in Alaska? He apparently is a good worker, and seems to be liked by the people around him.

79 pages now of people telling him where to go, what to eat, and what to do. His response for the whole 79 pages of those posts? Nothing. He ignores those posts as if he does not see them. Not even empty promises to placate anybody.

Maybe for him the 'Alaska adventure' is in the meeting of new people, which he seems to be doing great at. In any case, he seems to be quite happy with the way he is 'doing' Alaska.

Regards,
TB

...if you really want his attention, tickle the big guys' belly. That's all he wants.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
....Slowly backs away avoiding eye contact...
LOL Warpt.....tickle...tickle..

Old 07-24-2009, 04:09 PM

411 posts, read 962,779 times
Default A note from "Red"

Hi.

I'm Red.

I had to leave him at the hospital and come home and get some things for him. His Dr. had him taken 10 minutes after we made it to his office.
He's been admitted and placed in icu/isolation. They have him on IV's and are starting the antibiotics and running more tests. He's lost so much weight and is so skinny it scared me when he came home. He is so thick headed it makes me want to scream. He just said he missed my cooking and would put it back on in no time. And I cook terribly.

He had me book a flight to Anchorage for him next week this morning so he could go and visit Bob Blocku? He thought it might be fun.

I begged and pleaded with him not to go back over there as he did not have too, but he loved that place so much and cared for those people. And he thought he could help make a difference. I am sitting here dumbfounded and dazed. He weighed 190 lbs 3 months ago. His Dr. weighed him in at 127lbs today.

I'm so sorry to ramble, his computer was open and on this page. He's going to throw a fit when he finds out I did this but, my wanderer needs prayers and he's the last one to ask for help.

I tried so hard to get him to go to the Emergency Room last night. But like I said he is just so stubborn.

My mascara is running and now I'm making a mess. I just packed his Diddybag for him this morning and now this.

I have to get back to him now.

so so sorry for the rambling.

But for the first time since this wonderful man has been in my life,,,,,, I'm scared.

I'll try and keep you updated but i really do have to leave now.

Thanks for listening.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer818 View Post
Hi.

I'm Red.

I had to leave him at the hospital and come home and get some things for him. His Dr. had him taken 10 minutes after we made it to his office.
He's been admitted and placed in icu/isolation. They have him on IV's and are starting the antibiotics and running more tests. He's lost so much weight and is so skinny it scared me when he came home. He is so thick headed it makes me want to scream. He just said he missed my cooking and would put it back on in no time. And I cook terribly.

He had me book a flight to Anchorage for him next week this morning so he could go and visit Bob Blocku? He thought it might be fun.

I begged and pleaded with him not to go back over there as he did not have too, but he loved that place so much and cared for those people. And he thought he could help make a difference. I am sitting here dumbfounded and dazed. He weighed 190 lbs 3 months ago. His Dr. weighed him in at 127lbs today.

I'm so sorry to ramble, his computer was open and on this page. He's going to throw a fit when he finds out I did this but, my wanderer needs prayers and he's the last one to ask for help.

I tried so hard to get him to go to the Emergency Room last night. But like I said he is just so stubborn.

My mascara is running and now I'm making a mess. I just packed his Diddybag for him this morning and now this.

But for the first time since this wonderful man has been in my life,,,,,, I'm scared.

Thanks for listening.
Red, so sorry to hear this and you go ahead and ramble anytime you want to! I know what you mean about "stubborn" my husband is the same way. Please keep us posted and I will definitely be offering up a prayer for both of you.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:19 PM

19,725 posts, read 10,503,770 times
Prayers, from me, as well.........

Old 07-24-2009, 05:03 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,748,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer818 View Post
Hi.

I'm Red.

Thanks for listening.
Prayers to you Red and hubby...keep us informed...it's okay to cry...cry your eyes out if you need too. will be a restless night until I hear back of how he is do'n... blessing to you and him!

Old 07-24-2009, 05:06 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,863,692 times
Sending good thoughts for a quick diagnosis and recovery to both of you!

Old 07-24-2009, 05:12 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,702,041 times
Well, I'm not gonna tickle Bob's belly but I am gonna let him buy me lunch at the Chalet in a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to the visit.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:25 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,748,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Boy View Post
Why would you hope that? What makes him undeserving of having a job in Alaska? He apparently is a good worker, and seems to be liked by the people around him.

79 pages now of people telling him where to go, what to eat, and what to do. His response for the whole 79 pages of those posts? Nothing. He ignores those posts as if he does not see them. Not even empty promises to placate anybody.

Maybe for him the 'Alaska adventure' is in the meeting of new people, which he seems to be doing great at. In any case, he seems to be quite happy with the way he is 'doing' Alaska.

Regards,
TB

...if you really want his attention, tickle the big guys' belly. That's all he wants.
yes 79 pages and have you read each and every one including his other thread??? what he stated were his goals while having this job is what anyone of us are trying to get him to do...don't state it if you don't want positive or aggressive assertion to do!!! so what his stated goals were are empty promises....is it wrong for people to care about the diet and health of another???!! yes everyone can choose what or how to live their lives but when you post for everyone to read then you will get us who care about a bad diet, health choice.
this forum is for "relocation to Alaska"...Mr Bob's adventures are so far...far from this...he can't even go for a hike or post pictures of the scenery....I for one stays reading it as I do hope he posts pictures of Denali...the real Denali as he is there and stated he wanted to hike, camp and see the real Alaska.....ahhhhh....:confused :

Old 07-24-2009, 05:27 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,764,676 times
Sorry to hear this Red...please keep us updated. I hope everything turns out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage