Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2009, 05:36 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,441,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
yes 79 pages and have you read each and every one including his other thread??? what he stated were his goals while having this job is what anyone of us are trying to get him to do...don't state it if you don't want positive or aggressive assertion to do!!! so what his stated goals were are empty promises....is it wrong for people to care about the diet and health of another???!! yes everyone can choose what or how to live their lives but when you post for everyone to read then you will get us who care about a bad diet, health choice.
this forum is for "relocation to Alaska"...Mr Bob's adventures are so far...far from this...he can't even go for a hike or post pictures of the scenery....I for one stays reading it as I do hope he posts pictures of Denali...the real Denali as he is there and stated he wanted to hike, camp and see the real Alaska.....ahhhhh....:confused :
All you can do is "encourage" Bob...we all dance to the beat of a different drum. Bob, like all of us, doesn't listen to what others "think" is a good diet, etc. He's a grown man and he's happy....maybe he'll post pics of the beauty of Denali and then again, maybe he wont. Hopefully those who want to see Denali can one day see it for themselves right up close.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:42 PM

288 posts, read 350,292 times
Quote:
yes 79 pages and have you read each and every one including his other thread??? what he stated were his goals while having this job is what anyone of us are trying to get him to do...don't state it if you don't want positive or aggressive assertion to do!!! so what his stated goals were are empty promises....is it wrong for people to care about the diet and health of another???!! yes everyone can choose what or how to live their lives but when you post for everyone to read then you will get us who care about a bad diet, health choice.
this forum is for "relocation to Alaska"...Mr Bob's adventures are so far...far from this...he can't even go for a hike or post pictures of the scenery....I for one stays reading it as I do hope he posts pictures of Denali...the real Denali as he is there and stated he wanted to hike, camp and see the real Alaska.....ahhhhh....:confused :

yes ma'am, am pretty sure I have read them all. And uhmmm, he has stated many things, here is just one of many, many examples (and just the first one I came across):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Blockus View Post
Mr bob should do more technology ideas during work time. Keith, Wayne, Don can be working with Mr bob and thinking up creative ideas. Radio Disney, BBC Five Live and Fox News can take in some of the Bob Blockus talking ideas. maybe do more reality television show ideas such like continuation of Man Verses Wild. make Britney Spears into movie star with raw data story board lines. Mr bob when turn age 50 over $3,000 billion of network creative ideas since 1965. Lot of people are after Bob Blockus sound bites.
And you seriously think he can be held to anything he says?

The man is happy with what he's doing, sorry he isnt meeting your expectations.

Regards,
TB

...as an add, I also would love for him to get out into what is there to enjoy. But 81 pages tell me that it aint gonna happen. At the end of the day he only needs his own approval, and he seems to have it.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:43 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,745,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
All you can do is "encourage" Bob...we all dance to the beat of a different drum. Bob, like all of us, doesn't listen to what others "think" is a good diet, etc. He's a grown man and he's happy....maybe he'll post pics of the beauty of Denali and then again, maybe he wont. Hopefully those who want to see Denali can one day see it for themselves right up close.
I've seen Denali many times!!! Bob maybe a grown man but his mind and way of life are not and if you have not caught on to that by now...ah well....He wanted to do something different in his life on this trip and fell into his old routine...which is understandable. When you are on a forum people will respond in many different way and many will take their suggestions and posts differently then what is intended. I am sure we all just want to see Mr Bob do what was is intended trip goals!

Old 07-24-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
I've seen Denali many times!!! Bob maybe a grown man but his mind and way of life are not and if you have not caught on to that by now...ah well....He wanted to do something different in his life on this trip and fell into his old routine...which is understandable. When you are on a forum people will respond in many different way and many will take their suggestions and posts differently then what is intended. I am sure we all just want to see Mr Bob do what was is intended trip goals!
I caught onto this from the very start of his post; did you catch it right away? If you didn't then all I can say is ....ah well.. That is what I meant in my earlier post that "we all have different levels of capabilities" and that he is doing the best he can with what he has. Yes, would be great to see Bob meet his expectations but his thought patterns go all over the place. I've worked in social services including mental health most of my life and I won't begin to analyze him but as I said he does what he can with what he has. There is no need for folks to come on too strong to Mr. Bob; he is not going to listen anyway.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
I caught onto this from the very start of his post; did you catch it right away? If you didn't then all I can say is ....ah well.. That is what I meant in my earlier post that "we all have different levels of capabilities" and that he is doing the best he can with what he has. Yes, would be great to see Bob meet his expectations but his thought patterns go all over the place. I've worked in social services including mental health most of my life and I won't begin to analyze him but as I said he does what he can with what he has. There is no need for folks to come on too strong to Mr. Bob; he is not going to listen anyway.
you got it right....but in forums you will get people who come on strong...just trying a different method not complacency...and sometimes it does work...you'll never know without trying

Old 07-24-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
you got it right....but in forums you will get people who come on strong...just trying a different method not complacency...and sometimes it does work...you'll never know without trying
Well after 81 pages and his being in Alaska a couple months now anything is possible. Sometimes people may not mean to but when they come on too strong it can come across as cruel; encouragement is not complacency. One day Mr. Bob may surprise everyone and focus on his pictures.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Well after 81 pages and his being in Alaska a couple months now anything is possible. Sometimes people may not mean to but when they come on too strong it can come across as cruel; encouragement is not complacency. One day Mr. Bob may surprise everyone and focus on his pictures.
waaahooo we'll all waiting for the day he focus's on pictures of nature and not the computer screen!! People such as Bobbie need every stimulus possible when they state their wants and desires for a "trip of their lifetime" stating what they want to accomplish and then don't!!

Old 07-24-2009, 06:05 PM

Red and Wanderer818...I started a new thread so as not to hijack Bouncing Bobbies thread. Look for it as "Red/Wanderer818" and post an update as to what is happening. Don't know what we can do for you but prayers and moral support. Vent to us, let us help this way at least!!!

Old 07-24-2009, 06:07 PM

288 posts, read 350,292 times
Quote:

I wont try to analyze him either, well maybe just a tiny bit. It would be nice if the people he is in daily contact with could make the encouragements (maybe they do, I dunno). Mr. Bob seems to be quite the social butterfly, lol. A co-worker telling him, come on, lets take a hike would possibly be met with more success than people on this board telling him to get out and do it.

Regards,
TB

...just my .02 cents, your mileage may vary.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:10 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,255,231 times
Yo Mr. Bob

Guido is on his way for you, you might want to get outside before he drags you out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage