U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 09:18 PM

5,963 posts, read 11,240,361 times

Advertisements

[quote=stiffnecked;12377703][quote=richelles;12377147]

Why would a liberal slanted media report this? It would go against their agenda. These types of self-defense situations happen everyday all over the country.[/QUOTE]

Very true. The NRA Magazine reports on these on a regular basis.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 09:26 PM

364 posts, read 918,671 times
Let's get back on track - there's an officer in serious condition from someone who ambushed him. Gun debates can wait for another topic. The topic of this situation is that someone deliberately fired shots at a cop.

Let's talk about crime.

Is it getting out of control in Anchorage?

Old 01-09-2010, 09:34 PM

1,923 posts, read 4,239,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetheoutdoors View Post
Let's get back on track - there's an officer in serious condition from someone who ambushed him. Gun debates can wait for another topic. The topic of this situation is that someone deliberately fired shots at a cop.

Let's talk about crime.

Is it getting out of control in Anchorage?

I dont think it is out of control. This does appear to be a random and isolated incident.
Crime in Anchorage does exist and It could be lowered, that's for sure!

Old 01-09-2010, 09:37 PM

5,963 posts, read 11,240,361 times
Show me a city "without" crime and I'll show you Utopia.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:39 PM

61,305 posts, read 79,823,472 times
[quote=richelles;12374396]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
. There are some violent and armed nuts out and about in Anchorage. /quote]

I don't want to start a gun debate but isn't there something that can be done to reduce the number of guns in the hands of people who will use them for this kind of mischief? I think I see too many stories about gun use for no good reason.
when you pass more gun bans laws you give the gang bangers a huge laugh. #1 fear of inmates, armed inhabitants during a home invasion.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:45 PM

4,060 posts, read 9,067,183 times
I am kind of surprised the officer was alone, since when does that happen in Anchorage? They, for good reason, seem to have backup for a traffic ticket here. When I was first back in Alaska, and making a trip to Anchorage for a doctor appointment, my friend and I were pulled over by three APD units and informed we had been driving erratically since Sourdough (the town). They had obviously pulled over the wrong car, but family disturbances such as the one the officer was responding to are notoriously dangerous for law enforcement, why was he alone?

Old 01-09-2010, 09:51 PM

941 posts, read 1,572,749 times
[quote=stiffnecked;
Why would a liberal slanted media report this? It would go against their agenda. These types of self-defense situations happen everyday all over the country.

The NRA is exactly the opposite of what you're calling the "liberal slanted media" so why would they be any more believable? They also have an agenda so what's the point of bringing them into the discussion? Why not focus on how do we, as the public, see that people who use guns to do things like this don't have guns?

Old 01-09-2010, 09:56 PM

16,461 posts, read 13,212,783 times
APD rolls solo in the police cars. So far and perhaps until today. This sounds like some kind of gang initiation. The homeowner who called the officer was not actively involved in a domestic altercation. Sounds like a welfare check. In any case I do not see a lot of crime in Anchorage working in the ER. I do see a lot of crashes associated with alcohol. I think that this incident is going to bring down some serious rain for those responsible and those who know them. These freaks will pop to the surface soon and when they do they are going to prison for life.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:17 PM

22,437 posts, read 29,887,338 times
I truly do despair that so many of you simply don't realize to what extent the NRA is pimping the 2nd Amendment for their own financial gain.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,195 times
Of course what the liberals aren't saying is that countless people have been saved because they have had their own firearms, people I know personally, and didn't have to wait for 911 to respond. What theyre also not saying is that gun control leads to poiitical hiccups like the holocaust, a few hundred years of slavery here in the US (which is why John Brown raided Harpers Ferry), seventy years of apartied, seventy years of the USSR, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage