Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor
 [Register]
Ann Arbor Washtenaw County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 02:05 PM

687 posts, read 2,031,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhogan10010 View Post
Dude,

Go to Ann Arbor. Grew up in the Western Suburbs of Detroit, but my Dad's business was in Ann Arbor for 43 years. I worked in Ann Arbor for 5 years too. You will love the area. Chelsea is almost too idyllic it is so quaint.
I agree, but unfortunately I'm biased! LOL I live there. We live downtown and LOVE this area. The economy in Michigan right now isn't the best but seems to be getting slightly better (well, not the auto industry). We have 3 kiddos and it's a pretty great place to raise them I think. We do a lot of things inside the community. They have Sights and Sounds on Thursdays in the summer, the Chelsea Fair (huge hit around here), parades, Summerfest, Winterfest, local events, farmer's markets, and loves of parks/recreation areas to play at. A friend of mine designed this site you might want to check it out.

http://www.thingstodoinchelsea.com for all the happenings etc around there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 03:57 PM

60 posts, read 222,532 times
Try the Dexter area. If you're looking in Dexter Twp, you'll be only a few minutes/miles away from the chain of lakes (Portage Lake, Strawberry Lake, etc.). The homes on the lake are very expensive and you don't get much for your money. However, Dexter Twp., is a nice place with a small "in town" avenue type of shopping. My family and I have moved around quite a bit and this is one of the prettiest places we've lived to date. The schools are all good and Dexter has a quaint, picturesque atmosphere, especially in the autumn. People flock here for the many little weekend events that are held and also to see (and buy apple pastries and other goodies from) the Cider Mill, which is only open from late Aug. thru mid Nov. Jenny's farm market is always bustling with their fresh farm items for sale, as well as the huge hayhouse they build every fall for the children. They sell flowers and also have pony rides and a small petting zoo for kids. Downtown Dexter now boasts three nice restaurants, which is more convenient than driving to Ann Arbor. Ann Arbor is fun and only 20-30 minutes away. We bought here because you do get more for your money, especially now with the economy still in decline, the real estate taxes are lower, and the pace of life is less hectic than Ann Arbor.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:32 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,839,429 times
Look at Saline. Named one of the best places to live in the U.S. by Money magazine. Population of less than 10 thousand. Good schools and lots of things to do, especially during the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor