Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor
 [Register]
Ann Arbor Washtenaw County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 08:51 PM

2,410 posts, read 5,821,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet life View Post
I've lived in NE Ann Arbor for a very long time and have been the the Kroger on Plymouth many times much later than 10 pm. I have never felt the least bit threatened, or even mildly concerned, for my safety there.
I guess we were there on different nights. I have seen some sketchy types hanging out in the Plymouth Rd Kroger parking lot, especially in warmer weather, and I did look over my shoulder as I walked to my car. I don't know what these guys are doing hanging around in these parking lots at night, but I've also seen some over on Carpenter, in the Kroger lot. I'm glad you haven't run into any of them. I've lived here 30 years and these developments are fairly recent, in the last few years. As an older woman, walking to my car at night in any large parking lot, can put one in a vulnerable situation. There have been muggings out at Briarwood mall at night when people are walking to their cars.

Last edited by xz2y; 02-16-2012 at 09:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 08:57 PM

2,410 posts, read 5,821,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkd48 View Post
We used to live in Ann Arbor Hills. It doesn't look like anything special and doesn't have a pool or fitness area, but my husband and I didn't need these things. What I can say is that we will be seriously saddened to leave and have even tried to think of ways to keep the apartments while we are gone for the year but can't.

Ann Arbor Hills has good maintenance - lawn and taking care of the buildings and your apartment when needed. They are clean and cozy and have free heat and water. They are located right behind a Trader Joes and you can walk to Whole Foods. There is a park right around the corner and the apartment complex is set back in a suburb. I have walked to campus multiple times and also took the bus when I worked on campus because the bus stop is right outside my apartment. There is a courtyard that our apartment overlooks and it's a great to have for a dog because it is almost entirely enclosed except our sidewalk that leads to the street.

If you want luxury apartment living with all the amenities then this is NOT for you. But if you want a great location with quiet tenants that is 20 steps from Trader Joes and next to a park then this is it. The actual apartments are clean and nice with HUGE closets (also a big plus for us) and ours is 850sq ft. They were built in the 70s and have since been renovated with nice carpets.I think they have good pricing too, for Ann Arbor.

The only negative I can think of is that they are not super close to downtown (main street, campus) and they are not luxury brand new apartments with vaulted ceilings or anything. But I didn't want that and it depends on what you want. They are clean, comfortable, huge closets, big bathrooms. The kitchen is small but has been fine for us and since we just walk up to Trader Joe's every night to buy our dinner, it doesn't really matter to us.

Good luck!
Are you sure of the name of this complex? I tried looking up Ann Arbor Hills Apartments and came up with a small complex next Washtenaw and the Huron Parkway, definitely not 20 steps from Trader Joe's. I know there are apartments behind Trader Joe's, but I think they must have a different name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor