Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor
 [Register]
Ann Arbor Washtenaw County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 01:05 AM

2 posts, read 8,951 times

Advertisements

I will be starting a fellowship at the University of Michigan the beginning of September, and have been searching for quite some time now to find a nice, quiet place in my budget (max $1200/mo.). Recently, we came across a 2 bedroom rental in Pittsfield Village that was exactly what we were looking for. The owner initially agreed to sign a lease with us, but changed her mind we she found someone able to sign on for 2+ years. Since then I've had a terrible time finding another unit for rent in the village. I thought I'd turn to you all for help! If you have any leads or know a good way to hunt down rentals in the Village (other than craigslist), please let me know. We did stop in at their main office, but they said owners don't necessarily tell them when something is up for rent. We'd love a two bedroom, but are willing to look at a one bedroom (which I imagine is pretty small in a Village condo). Thanks in advance for any advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 02:11 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,767,296 times
Why not Craigslist? A lot of people advertise there!!!

Old 07-07-2013, 04:52 PM

2 posts, read 8,951 times
Oh, I should clarify...Craigslist is a good resource and I've been checking postings there daily. In fact, a unit in PV was just advertised there today! I reached out to the owner so fingers crossed! I was just curious if people knew of any resoures beyond Craigslist, or even if someone knew a PV owner who might be seeking a renter. The search continues

Old 08-08-2013, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 4,381 times
Default Rental in Pittsfield Village

I am currently remodeling a two bedroom in the Village. I plan to redo floors, paint, new appliances and furnace and air. It will be finished by September. I am a retired professor and former dean at UoM Ann Arbor and Flint. I was going to sell but might consider renting to the right person. Have you found anything yet?

Old 01-23-2014, 04:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,918 times
Looking to rent june thru august of 2014 1 or 2 bdrm in pittsfield village

Old 04-01-2014, 02:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,646 times
I'm looking to rent a 2 BDRM in June of 2014. Please reply with price and deposit also include lease option. I'm a non-smoker and do not own pets.

Old 03-25-2015, 02:35 PM

3 posts, read 6,392 times
Default Seeking 2 bdrm in Pittsfield Village starting Summer 2015

My family and I are quite interested in a 2 bdrm rental at Pittsfield Village starting summer 2015 for at least a year and possibly longer. We would be moving to Ann Arbor from out of state and are seeking affordable housing with a community feel and are drawn to the history and charm of the Village. We're professionals in our early 40's. My husband is a teacher and I'm hoping to take a year or two off from working in non-profits to be a stay at home mom. I'd enjoy contributing to community life and serving on a committee. We will be visiting the area in early April. Thus there would be an opportunity for us to meet if interested.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,571 times
Default Pittsfield Village Dreaming

My wife, young son, and dog (65-lb baby) are dreaming of living for 2+ years in Pittsfield Village. We are looking to rent or possibly purchase a tiny place to settle for awhile (at least 5 years). My wife has been accepted into a fully funded PhD program at Umich Ann Arbor and I am applying to jobs aligned with my interests in community and my skill set in video and communications.

We are moving from New England where we enjoyed a close knit community focused on intentional, sustainable, and natural living. I realize that this may be a long shot, but if there is anyone out there with a small place with hard wood floors (non toxic flooring) we will be ideal tenants! Putting the feelers out! We can afford between $800 - $1,200 per month.

We are currently renters ($800/mo.) in a historic village in Harrisville, NH - living in a house built in 1850. We have taken excellent care of this property. Prior we lived in the back of Manoa Valley in Honolulu, HI in a million dollar property. Despite the obscene land values we had an affordable deal ($750/mo.) because I acted as property manager.

We have been searching and searching but are facing challenges with rental rates, toxic flooring, and pet restrictions. We value (1) community, (2) simple living, and (3) open space. We are quiet, respectful, and focused on work, school, and parenting. Please let us know if you hear of anything!

-Henry

Old 07-07-2016, 07:10 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,252,037 times
I am afraid your top end for rent $1200, is pretty much a starting point in Ann Arbor these days.
You may need to look in Ypsilanti,Ypsilanti Township or Pittsfield Township to stay in the $800 to $1200 range.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:00 PM

4,280 posts, read 5,940,712 times
First Time Rental House w/ 3 Bedrooms - Available Now

I know nothing about this house or neighborhood. I did tour many similar looking homes two years ago in Royal Oak with my son when he was looking to buy and they all had solid oak floors - at least originally. I am assuming from exterior styling only that this home was built in the same time period with the same standard materials.

This does meet your size and budget requirements, and the ad says it is in Ann Arbor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor