Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor
 [Register]
Ann Arbor Washtenaw County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 09:23 PM

158 posts, read 179,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
I always ponied up to park at either Pioneer High or on the golf course. The close proximity, sights and sounds were all part of the experience for me.

It aint cheap, though.
Actually I'd like the opposite. Further away, cheap, nice long walk to and from. I know, I'm crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 04:09 AM

3,815 posts, read 6,412,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jswerve View Post
Actually I'd like the opposite. Further away, cheap, nice long walk to and from. I know, I'm crazy.
In that case, you can park at my uncle's place in Livonia. That'll only cost you a can of High Life and a good story. Just hoof it down Plymouth Rd. into A2 from there.

I jest.

Usually lots of parking along E. Stadium.....or for a good stretch of the legs you can set it down at one of the hotels down off 94 and State and walk straight up State or Main. That latter is a good 2 and a half miles each way. I've done it, it's not bad at all......especially on a glorious fall day.

I actually stayed at one of the hotels when I did that, though, so I don't know if or how much they'll charge just to park there. Certainly not as much as I usually shell out to park closer. That'd be super convenient for a rounder out of Chicago, though. You'd barely have to exit the freeway. Call a couple of the hotels and see if/what they charge just to park.

BTW if you've never been inside the Big House, get ready. What a feeling to look out across that sea of humanity and watch the band march in the block "M" to "The Victors". Absolutely nothing like it.

Also FYI.....it can get really warm in there for September games, so I wouldn't layer up unless a freak cold front decides to push through prior to kickoff.

Oh, and here's an older thread that might help, too. It contains a post I made in correlation with the hotel.

//www.city-data.com/forum/michi...ball-game.html

Have fun and Go Blue!

Last edited by Tyryztoll; 08-24-2016 at 04:26 AM..

Old 08-24-2016, 04:16 PM

4,267 posts, read 5,906,608 times
Quote:
Park for free at Briarwood Mall and take one of the special game day AATA busses to the game and back. The free parking at Briarwood will be a nice long walk from the bus pick-up zone.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:21 AM

Parked at Ann Arbor Church of Christ. Had a GREAT TIME! GO BLUE!

Old 09-11-2016, 09:16 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,956,526 times
Quote:
Parked at Ann Arbor Church of Christ. Had a GREAT TIME! GO BLUE!
Great. I always liked parking either downtown or by campus and walking to the stadium. Then go for dinner and a beer at one of the restaurants after the game while traffic clears out, but the restaurants are packed and you may have to wait at the bar for a bit for a table.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
Great. I always liked parking either downtown or by campus and walking to the stadium. Then go for dinner and a beer at one of the restaurants after the game while traffic clears out, but the restaurants are packed and you may have to wait at the bar for a bit for a table.
We had a 9 hour drive ahead of us and we don't drink so we just hit the highway. Wasn't too bad getting out of there I was impressed with 110,222 in attendance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor