Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2019, 04:15 PM

2,385 posts, read 2,717,544 times

Advertisements

Personally, I'm against even fingerprinting unless it's a job entailing national security. So you can guess how horrified I am at the prospect of demanding DNA. I sure wasn't aware of this.

The Arizona legislature considered Senate Bill 1475, also known as the DNA identification database bill, which could have mandated DNA testing for a broad range of occupations, including jobs already requiring fingerprinting.

https://apachejunctionindependent.co...e-legislators/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2019, 09:42 PM

700 posts, read 920,449 times
DNA tests are going to be as easy and cheaper to get than flu shots at the Osco and not in the distant future either. Much easier and more information than fingerprinting. Nobody who needs identification information is going to forego this method. You leave your DNA everywhere you go, and it's going to be easier to get it off you in the future as well. I'm kind of involved with this because of genealogy. I have seen testing go from $1200 bucks per individual to less than $100 in a short time. Nothing compared to how cheap and easy it will be. Cops will get it from you at DUI stops. I cannot picture this not happening. IIRC Britain already has a national database of their citizens.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:36 AM

15 posts, read 11,542 times
All I can say is I don’t like what is going on.

Old 07-06-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilmaWildcat View Post
DNA tests are going to be as easy and cheaper to get than flu shots at the Osco and not in the distant future either. Much easier and more information than fingerprinting. Nobody who needs identification information is going to forego this method. You leave your DNA everywhere you go, and it's going to be easier to get it off you in the future as well. I'm kind of involved with this because of genealogy. I have seen testing go from $1200 bucks per individual to less than $100 in a short time. Nothing compared to how cheap and easy it will be. Cops will get it from you at DUI stops. I cannot picture this not happening. IIRC Britain already has a national database of their citizens.
Sounds like you really drank the Kool-Aid, if you'e fine with all that - including the DNA companies selling your information.

Old 07-06-2019, 06:31 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,972,841 times
since most insurance will soon give a discount for that information,
the next step is a requirement to even qualify.

Old 07-06-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
since most insurance will soon give a discount for that information,
the next step is a requirement to even qualify.
Ah, now that brings us to another point - the way that Americans have a strong tendency to give up so many things, like privacy, for the sake of convenience or saving a little money. A study showed that Americans, in comparison with Europeans, were far more focused on price (getting the lowest price) than quality. Which then leads to other problems, like companies sending jobs abroad where they can pay lower pages.

I had Starbucks offer me a free cup of coffee - that's it, just one cup of coffee - for my personal information. My impression was that a lot of customers thought that was a great deal and were happy to sign on.

Old 07-06-2019, 06:47 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,883,968 times
Please note that to everybody screaming about those gol' durned Democrat liberals moving to Arizona and making it like Taxifornia and taking away all our precious freedoms, that this bill was sponsored by a *Republican*.

Just like the texting ban that passed through the last legislature... introduced by a *Republican*.

The vehicle registration fee increase which turned out to be $32? Introduced by a *Republican*.

So enough already.

(PS: I'm a registered Libertarian and a card-carrying party member... so a pox on both their houses!)

Old 07-07-2019, 04:40 PM

700 posts, read 920,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
Sounds like you really drank the Kool-Aid, if you'e fine with all that - including the DNA companies selling your information.
You won't find where I said I'm "fine with all that." I plainly said it's inevitable, and it is. It's law enforcement who wants everybody's ID. The FBI simply gets an account for their perp, gets them tested, and then they are entitled to match their results to the millions of others' results in the database like anyone else. What people are advised to do is keep their names private.

If law enforcement wants information on an account that is private, the company that we are with (Family Tree DNA) requires them to provide the same level of proof, such as a warrant, as in any other search.

Last edited by WilmaWildcat; 07-07-2019 at 05:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona