Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 01:08 PM

21 posts, read 42,071 times

Advertisements

Anybody upset with his victory other than me? I just get tired of his obvious flip-flopping and think we need "new blood" for representing AZ in D.C. This picture says it best:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 01:19 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000KnightRider View Post
Anybody upset with his victory other than me? I just get tired of his obvious flip-flopping and think we need "new blood" for representing AZ in D.C. This picture says it best:
I could not agree more, KnightRider.

"Flip-Flopping" is far too PC when it comes to McCain . . .

I prefer BLATANT LIAR as that is what he is, especially when it comes to Illegal Immigration and Amnesty. Remember how he "jumped in bed" with Ted Kennedy and was ready to roll out the red carpet with amnesty and lots of freebies including Social Security benefits? He literally turned his back on the citizens of Arizona . . . SHAMELESSLY.

As with any liar, one must wonder what else he is lying about.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:59 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,317,950 times
The results of our election in Arizona are in and the superficial reporting we usually get from the media will tell you that the tea partiers lost. But they didn't. The noise they made created such an uproar that normally moderate Republicans moved far to the right in fear of losing their support.

People nationwide should be examining the case of our very own John McCain. What happened to the maverick? He brought Sarah Palin to town early in the campaign to prop up his sagging reputation and each week he shifted another position he used to stand for in order to placate the extremists of his party.

The person who sponsored immigration reform with Ted Kennedy became a Tancredo-style wingnut on the subject. The person who used to compromise became one of the ones whose answer to everything is, "No." He became entrenched in every social position of interest to evangelical Christians and Mormons. He's advocating economic policies right out of the Ayn Rand songbook.

I know many Democrats who used to like John McCain. Many of my relatives and neighbors considered him a moderate voice and voted for him. Well, if they listened to him carefully now, not much separates him from Senators McConnell, Coburn, or Inhofe.

The most fascinating fact about our Arizona election is how few voters it actually took to come to this result. After all the hooting and hollering was over, only about 20% of the electorate bothered to vote, so you can see how little it actually takes to hijack our Congress. You have to laugh though when you think it cost McCain at least $18 per vote.

I say let's make him spend $25 in November. And, hey, AZ District 3, have fun with Representative Potatoe-Head.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:16 PM

21 posts, read 42,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I could not agree more, KnightRider.

"Flip-Flopping" is far too PC when it comes to McCain . . .

I prefer BLATANT LIAR as that is what he is, especially when it comes to Illegal Immigration and Amnesty. Remember how he "jumped in bed" with Ted Kennedy and was ready to roll out the red carpet with amnesty and lots of freebies including Social Security benefits? He literally turned his back on the citizens of Arizona . . . SHAMELESSLY.

As with any liar, one must wonder what else he is lying about.
That's how I see it. How long has this baboon been Senator? 25+ years and Arizona STILL has an immigration problem? Obviously someone is not doing their job correctly. It was obvious when he sided with Ted *hiccup* Kennedy and GWB on the "Dream Act" (read: Amnesty for everyone bill) and he is "taking a stauch stand on immigration". Whoever voted for this tool, is a tool themselves.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:03 PM

509 posts, read 1,698,223 times
IMO McCain should be sent packing . how he gathered so many votes is beyond me . my wife was going to vote for him because McCain has a nice wife . i finally got through to her but she would not vote for Hayworth either . i think way to many women voted like my wife wanted to .

Old 08-25-2010, 03:22 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonie5 View Post
IMO McCain should be sent packing . how he gathered so many votes is beyond me . my wife was going to vote for him because McCain has a nice wife . i finally got through to her but she would not vote for Hayworth either . i think way to many women voted like my wife wanted to .
I believe you're correct, Zonie . . . the LESSER of the two evils.

Personally, I don't trust either one of them but I refuse to contribute to the Pelosi, Reid, Boxer, Feinstein and Obama FREAK SHOW.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:54 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,317,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
You have to laugh though when you think it cost McCain at least $18 per vote.
Wow, I guess I was the one child left behind in math class. Esquire magazine's political blog reports today, "...considering the $21 million cost of his campaign, the septuagenarian maverick paid approximately $74.64 per vote. To put this desperation in perspective, McCain's 2008 presidential campaign spent $293 million for 58.3 million votes, averaging $5.03 per lever-pull. For his 1982 congressional campaign, McCain spent $550,000 for 89,116 votes, or $13.54/vote in inflation-adjusted dollars.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politic...results-082510

Last edited by Jukesgrrl; 08-25-2010 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: Added link

Old 08-25-2010, 05:59 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
while i would prefer someone else win over mccain, i certainly did not want to see hayworth in the seat, and i felt that deakins was not able to win in november, and that seat would then go to a democrat, which i also do not want. hopefully mccain will win in november, and then we the people of arizona can hold his feet to the fire for the next six years.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:07 PM

1,627 posts, read 4,218,209 times
I had such respect for John McCain through the 90s and early 2000s. He spoke his mind, he explained why he believed what he believed and why he voted for what he voted for, he didn't fear going against the grain when reason or conscience demanded it.

Now I'm so ashamed I ever voted for him all those years ago. The man used to have principles, but now he's become another drone of his political party.

Vote them all out. Vote third party. Vote your neighbor. Vote ANYONE but another Republican or Democrat. There are so few "good guys" anymore, I think it's time to shake up the house.

The lesser of two evils...is still evil.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:12 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,172,128 times
Yep. Arizona can pass all the laws they want. As long as they keep reelecting McCain they'll never stop illegal immigration. The sad thing will be how many people will be surprised when he stabs them in the back...again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona