Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 08:55 PM

74 posts, read 383,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nice Baby! View Post
Too much information! What is your point besides a subjective vent? Do you have any objective? Way too confusing because there is a lot of promise in this area. They talk about water being an issue, but you can find articles from the Arizona Republic back in the early 80's stating a shortage of water in the area from that aquifer, yet that hype never amounted to being true either. There is more water than is being let on to believe, that is for sure(My opinion only).
I agree with you.

What do I have to say about the problems of GOLDEN VALLEY:

THIS IS THE WILD, WILD WEST. THIS IS THE NEW FRONTIER. TAME IT !!!!!!!

I think there are alot of people here that just don't want people to move here. They don't want developement because if there is developement there will be a little bit higher taxes and they make so little money they will have to move and there are very few places to move to that are as cheap and as low in taxes as AZ and particularly Golden Valley. While at the same time offering what this area has to offer. Elbow room, offroading, shooting, gold & meteor hunting, an easy drive to Laughlin and you have entertainment, gambling, shows, movies, fishing, boating, kayaking, camping. So there are some inconvience's you can't always have everything.

If you buy property you will probably do pretty good. Especialy after the bridge at hooverdambypass.org is done. Water, a 1993 report says that there is enough water in the Kingman aquafier for 1.5 million people. and there are two more aquafiers here in this valley one up in the north and one in the south. Running from White Hills all th way to Yucca.

Maybe I got it wrong. If so let me know. Where is that better place to move to, that offer's so much potiential? I would like to know.

This place is going to bust loose after the bridge opens maybe sooner. They are already making perperations. Two new power plant's are being put in to supply power to new industry going in at the Griffith Indusrtial Corridor. The power plant's will be up and running by summer 2008. They want this power in before industry moves in, GSG is working a 3 million sq. ft. warehouse in the Griffith Industrial Corridor . Thats 3 times bigger than Wal-Mart Dist. center. Mohave Block is moving in, I heard there maybe a Budwiser distributor & even perhapes a bottoling company. Rhodes & Merdian own proerty in the Griffith area. This power will also be needed for the thousands of homes to be built. Progress is on it's way and there are those who don't like it. As for the wind put it to use, install a wind generator.

As for all the problems remember: THIS IS THE WILD WILD WEST. It is a NEW FRONTIER. Be apart of it, tame it like our forefathers tamed the land they came to. What a wonderful opportunity; to see it grow, to be a part of it. Not to just read about it.

Last edited by haymann; 11-17-2007 at 09:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 09:06 PM

Smile Golden Valleys pretty nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by seecatherine View Post
Golden Valley is my favorite place to live. Lake Mohave for boating 25 minutes away and it's great If you want fresh air and outdoor sports right out your back door. I lived in Tucson ten years and got bored and tired of the heat. Phoenix is even hotter and I go through there monthly and have friends there. I visit Laughlin, Sedona, Vegas when I feel like it which is perfect. AND I have not seen a mosquito all summer. We have a lot more wind in the winter and spring which could be the reason and some people don't like wind but I am very used to it now. It has a regular schedule in the spring and winter. Mossies and pollution simply can't hang around. Much healthier. So...Laughlin is 25 minutes from my house. Vegas is 1.5 hours and after the Hoover Dam Bypass is finished it will be one hour. Did you know that Mohave county has aprox. 1,000 miles of shoreline? Everyone who can afford it has a boat or a waverunner over here. When I hear someone complain about crime and meth addicts I just have to wonder who they are talking to because everyone I know over here is successfull or retired and quite comfortable and trustworthy. It doesn't matter where you live in this country there are druggies and thefts because America has a big problem with that. With an acre plus around my house a few barking dogs and a rifle that never has been needed is an easy answer to paranoia. Some people who complain would probably complain no matter where they lived. Summer heat is only miserable in July. Wind is only aggressive in the spring and winter. We don't have to shovel snow or mow lawns. I find it sad when someone comlains about this beautiful valley. They need to leave and go be miserable somewhere else. "Happiness is found within"
Yaaaa, great and prefect responce to those crying about this great place. I guess it is who you associate with. I have not come in contact with the problem people, maybe I'm just lucky, and I've been here 2 years. One thing about AZ is you can protect yourself thanks to the 2nd.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enochian View Post
I moved there with family and everything bad that was written about it was true. That place has "Hanta Virus" in the sand from all of the field mice excrement. The temperatures are very very hot in summer and the wind does blow very hard. It does get very cold at night sometimes during winter. But overall I hated living there and moved as soon as possible (2 years). The people were very difficult to get along with and I think that may have to do with the job market there and of course drug problems.

Not to mention that you will need to haul your own water for most of the homes. Two of our dogs came down with a mysterious disease and died 1 year after we left Golden Valley and I believe it was hanta virus or possibly some type of Respiratory Staphyloccus Infection. I hesitate to say maybe
M.R.S.A. One way or the other it is still a difficult place to live even if you are stagnant in your personality. Please be advised that if you plan to move to Arizona check the area out thouroughly before you jump in because my experience was that Golden Valley Was Wierd=O=Ville !!!

where did you move to that was so good?

Old 11-24-2007, 03:05 PM

16 posts, read 82,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
I really hate to say it, but a lot of what Trulyred said was true. Maybe not NORMALLY quite as bad as he/she made it out to be, however. I think it has a lot to do with where you live and who your acquaintances are. There are some pretty weird things that go on in Golden Valley, but one has to learn how to live there. That's NOT just Golden Valley though, one must learn how to live in this whole area! ....
SO TRUE!!! Everything thing weird happens in this area. I have friends who bought a piece of property in GV and bought a new manufactured home. The appliances were stolen out of it before it even got finished for them to move in. That is a damn shame.

Old 11-26-2007, 08:01 AM

6 posts, read 27,014 times
Default Golden Valley, AZ

Here's my dos centavos;

We've been in the valley for 2 1/2 years, Kingman area 10. Life is what you make of it. Drugs (meth especially) are rampant not only in Mohave County, but the US in general. I fly a lot to remote little towns across the US and you can see the impact this scurge to society has on it's users. The property prices in GV have pretty much forced the tweakers out of the valley, there's a few that remain, but it is the wild west. Yes, the wind blows, but it does all the time in Cheyenne, WY! I have loaded shotguns and rifles in my home and 2 dogs. I can see the stars at night, don't have to listen to my neighbor hack his lungs out in the morning and I see wildlife abound. There's water here, Rhodes just didn't realize that he was playing hardball with the "good ol' boys" and he lost out.

Mohave County in general needs an entirely new Board that will allow growth and an Attorney with changas to finally put Colorado City FLDS and their abuse of the welfare system to an end.

Our house is on the market, not because of the negative aspects, but because my wife has spent most of her life here and wants a change. We're heading to NM once the place sells.

In brief, the Kingman/GV area has it cons, but want area doesn't? It's where you live and the company you keep.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:48 PM

9 posts, read 54,216 times
I'm so glad I read all these posts...GV is off the list for me (being a non-gun person). The upside is the affordability & the acre of land. I was looking for that plus a friendly, artsy place.

So I'm one less future retiree for GV!

Old 02-09-2008, 05:16 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Artsy is definitely one adjective that you wouldn't apply to Golden Valley.

Now, Oatman on the other hand... Oatman, Arizona

Old 02-09-2008, 08:44 PM

9 posts, read 54,216 times
Thank, kdog! That looks like a fun place - one shop owner has a sense of humor calling their shop "Classy Ass Gifts". We're going to drive all around that area to find a new place.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:41 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,473,136 times
Oatman is very interesting, from there you can cut down over to Bullhead City or the head on down into Golden Shores/Topcok area.
During christmas they decorate the bushes along the road with what they have on hand, you might see beer and whiskey bottles and such decorating a christmas bush.
They sell carrot treats for the burros at most of the shops and some burros get a attitude if ignored.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:15 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambrush View Post
They sell carrot treats for the burros at most of the shops and some burros get a attitude if ignored.
No lie.

"Where's my carrot??"

Also, note that you can save the $5 that the shops charge for carrots by bringing your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona