U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 10:22 AM

76 posts, read 199,526 times

Advertisements

Like a lot of people, I'm in a tight spot financially. I'm considering selling my home in Golden Valley, even though I've only lived here a few months. The problem is that the one Realtor I talked to gave me such a low estimated listing/selling price that I was floored. I'd like a second opinion before I proceed.

2008 Champion doublewide (1920 sq. ft. 3 bedroom/2 bath) on 2 fenced acres. Home was a lot model, and was moved onto my land in August of 2010. It has only been lived in for 6 months and is still under original factory warranty.

Upgraded features include vaulted ceilings, two skylights in the kitchen, and an electric fireplace and garden tub with separate shower in the master bathroom.

It's on a main road but not a paved one, and on water haul.

I was told by the Realtor I talked with (who didn't look at the home and said he didn't need to see it) that I would be 'lucky' to get $85,000 - and it would take months to sell, even at that price, because larger site-built homes were selling for $60,000.

For any other Realtors out there and/or anyone who has sold or bought in GV lately, is that realistic? I realize the economy/housing market is terrible, but that still seems a bit low. Perhaps I'm just hoping for better - but I don't want to make a mistake by pricing it too low (or too high).

Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions, or opinions
Rate this post positively

Old 01-11-2011, 02:23 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,298,664 times
Not second guessing, nor belittling anyone for moving there...but what made you decide to move there ? What made you think there would be resale value there ? I cannot figure out why anyone would want to live in Golden Valley....help me out, what drew you to that dismal place (my opinion) ?
I have always tried to use the location, location, location method when selecting home sites, however have made several of wrong moves of my own.....but I've seen nothing that indicated that GV had anything whatsoever going for it...there are no trees, no grass, you are not on a paved road, so that means sand and constant dust, and you have to depend on water being trucked in...why would I as a new buyer be interested in buying your place ?

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 01-11-2011, 03:49 PM

76 posts, read 199,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
Not second guessing, nor belittling anyone for moving there...but what made you decide to move there ? What made you think there would be resale value there ? I cannot figure out why anyone would want to live in Golden Valley....help me out, what drew you to that dismal place (my opinion) ?
I have always tried to use the location, location, location method when selecting home sites, however have made several of wrong moves of my own.....but I've seen nothing that indicated that GV had anything whatsoever going for it...there are no trees, no grass, you are not on a paved road, so that means sand and constant dust, and you have to depend on water being trucked in...why would I as a new buyer be interested in buying your place ?

Regards
Gemstone1
Ummm...yeah. My elderly parents live here. That's why I'm here - but thanks for the "help."

For anyone else, if you have constructive information about the actual real estate value of my home/land, let me know - in a private message, please, because I'm not going to bother to check this forum thread again. I see where it's going to end up, and I'm not interested in playing in that particular sandbox.

If you don't have anything helpful to say, well...just go away and read something else, would you? You don't know me or my life, and I'm not interested in having my choices belittled or being 'talked down to' because you have an opinion. I don't care about your opinion. I posted looking for help from knowledgeable people regarding the real estate market here. If you're not interested in giving that help, take a hike.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:16 AM

17,884 posts, read 41,348,719 times
If the OP does not want responses in the forum, thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona