U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2007, 11:12 AM

6 posts, read 26,098 times

Advertisements

I love Arizona and this state has everything you could ever want. Mountains, Lakes, Forests, Valleys, Snow, Winter Sun, Culture, Shopping, Dining, Entertainment, and lots of Sports Activities. No matter what time of year there is always some part of the day that is super nice for outdoor activities and I love that I don't have to stay indoors all day. Golden Valley is my favorite place to live, about three hours north of Phoenix. Lake Mohave for boating 25 minutes away and it's great If you want fresh air and outdoor sports right out your back door. I lived in Tucson ten years and got bored with the city and tired of the heat. Phoenix is even hotter and I go through there monthly and have friends there who are happy residents. I visit Laughlin, Sedona, Vegas when I feel like it which is perfect. AND I have not seen a mosquito all summer. We have more wind in the winter and spring which could be the reason and some people don't like wind but I am very used to it now. It has a regular schedule in the spring and winter (midday only). Mossies and pollution simply can't hang around. Much healthier. So...Laughlin is 25 minutes from my house. Vegas is 1.5 hours and after the Hoover Dam Bypass is finished it will be one hour. Did you know that Mohave county has aprox. 1,000 miles of shoreline? Everyone who can afford it has a boat or a waverunner over here. When I hear someone complain about crime and meth addicts I just have to wonder who they are talking to because everyone I know over here is successfull or retired and quite comfortable and trustworthy. It doesn't matter where you live in this country there are druggies and thefts and illegal immigrants because America has a big problem with that. With an acre plus around my house, a few barking dogs, and a rifle that never has been needed I have an easy answer to paranoia. Some people who complain would probably be whining no matter where they lived. We don't have to shovel snow or mow lawns. I find it sad when someone complains about Arizona. They need to leave and go be miserable somewhere else. "Happiness is found within"
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 10:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,184 times
I agree 100% with what you said about Golden Valley, I love it there too.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:11 PM

229 posts, read 621,846 times
I totally agree with you. I am looking at all aspects of the place myself and love it. The only problem is that the work situation for my son doen't look real good right now. Plus been trying to sell the property i have here in Missouri has been the pits, so a little longer for me to get home to Arizona.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:08 PM

17 posts, read 57,639 times
We love Golden Valley, Originaly we wanted to move there but didn't as I had a teenage daughter in high school and we felt Lake Havasu was better for her so we moved to Havasu over 2 years ago. We hate the heat.We have found a home in Golden Valley we plan on moving to next month. The air is clean and have found I had less issues there with my Asthma then I have had in Lake Havasu City. No sure why that is. But I like the small home town feeling. I like the fact that Laughlin is only 20 mins away from where I will be living and Kingman is less than 10 mins away. We are very active in cars,boats and night life and seems to be more for us there and the surrounding areas for us. Can't wait to move. It's great to hear other feel the same way about Golden Valley too.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:18 PM

4,211 posts, read 13,343,765 times
uhhh, don't tell me.....you work for the Chamber Of Commerce.....

glad to hear all your positives...it's great to have year-round access to all kinds of outdoor activities here in Arizona....frankly, I guess I've become a desert rat, because down here in Tucson it's about 50 now at 10:15 pm and I'm freezing!.....

have seen Golden Valley grow a lot over the years...I remember when that interchange just N of Kingman was just a little left-turn lane or something....nice spot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona