Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 08:27 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,126,537 times

Advertisements

US newspaper list

Scroll down to Arizona then click on the Kingman link.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:28 AM

1,087 posts, read 3,516,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Yesterday's Kingman Daily Miner has a whole page of rentals. I count 22 mobile home rentals and 44 unfurnished house rentals. Plus there are ads from several realtors for rentals. There are neighborhoods here which were overbuilt with brand new homes for which they can't find buyers, so they're renting them out cheaply. If you can't get a copy of the Miner, private message me your address and I'll send you the rental page.
Thanks so much for your offer to send the rental page. I was able to view it online, so that won't be necessary. Last time I tried to view that paper online it wouldn't load on my slow dial-up, but it did this time. Definitely more to choose from in the paper than at the rental sites online.

If what I found are in decent neighborhoods, I should be able to afford the Kingman area better than the other towns I've looked at. I loved Kingman when I was there a couple of years ago. I spent several days there.

Found several in my price range. Does anyone know which of these areas are good and which I should avoid? Most are street names.

E. Oak St.
Vernetti
Packard near college
Ryan
Leroy
Snavely
Devlin
Kelli
Berk
SW Kingman area

Old 08-31-2007, 10:00 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,823,933 times
Most of those streets are in the same area, Northern Ave, near the college. I don't know that area very well, but I think 'Bear said that was a decent area. I'm sure he'll chime in.

Do you know about maps.google.com satellite and hybrid views? Here's a link to an aerial view of Vernetti street.

vernetti st, kingman, az - Google Maps

Doesn't look too bad. Lots are decent size. Definitely not a trailer park.

Hopefully you're planning on a house-hunting trip where you can look at the rental homes on the market. That way you can get a feel for the neighborhood in person to see if they're right for you.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Do you know about maps.google.com satellite and hybrid views? Here's a link to an aerial view of Vernetti street.
Thanks for the link to the aerial. I didn't know google had that. The area seems to look nice.

I was there house hunting in 2005, but at the time I was looking to buy, so I didn't check out any rentals. I ended up not moving, and I don't remember much of the layout of the town. I decided the best thing to do would be to rent for 6-12 months while I decide exactly where I want to buy. I'll probably make another trip there closer to the time I'm ready to move. Right now I'm just checking to make sure there are decent places to rent in my price range, before I get my hopes up too high about moving there. I'm also looking in the Eloy and Arizona City area, but Kingman seems to have more rentals in my price range.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:58 PM

3 posts, read 17,006 times
I have been looking on line to buy land in Kingman/Golden Valley. Some of the areas/developments that I have thought about are:
Silver Springs
Golden Sage Ranch
Lake Mead Rancheros
Rhodes/Peacock Highland
Golden Mohave Estates
Sacramento Ranchos

Does anyone know anything about these areas? Such as electricity, water, phone, etc. Nearest elementary schools, jobs for either a paralegal or a CDL trucker. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Old 08-31-2007, 05:06 PM

And Oak St; both E and W, are in downtown Kingman about 3 blocks from the Mohave County courthouse......as I have opined on in the past: downtown is my favorite part of the City of Kingman.

Then again; I like things like 1920's Craftsman bungalows, etc

Old 08-31-2007, 06:04 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,474,471 times
Packard is in the Butler area, not so bad of a area. Lots of mobiles in there as well.
Oak was covered as being in the older section dowtown.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:36 PM

Thanks for all the helpful info, everyone! I think right now it's a toss-up between the Eloy/Arizona City area and Kingman. Leaning more towards Kingman though.

What's the scorpion situation like in Kingman? I was there for a few days and didn't see one, but it was winter and I stayed in a motel, not a house or mobile home. I'm hearing some horror stories from the more southern part of the state. Are they bad in Kingman? The thought of having to check my shoes and bed every night, or them falling out of the a/c vents during the night, kinda creeps me out!

Old 08-31-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnp View Post
Thanks for all the helpful info, everyone! I think right now it's a toss-up between the Eloy/Arizona City area and Kingman. Leaning more towards Kingman though.

What's the scorpion situation like in Kingman? I was there for a few days and didn't see one, but it was winter and I stayed in a motel, not a house or mobile home. I'm hearing some horror stories from the more southern part of the state. Are they bad in Kingman? The thought of having to check my shoes and bed every night, or them falling out of the a/c vents during the night, kinda creeps me out!
Kingman and Eloy are about 300 miles apart: you may be wise in checking out both places while visiting out here just to be sure

Old 08-31-2007, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Kingman and Eloy are about 300 miles apart: you may be wise in checking out both places while visiting out here just to be sure
Yeah, it was a long drive between the two when I was there in 2005. I checked out a lot of towns along 3 interstates and found other areas more appealing, but way out my price range too. But both of those areas seemed ok. I will have to make another trip though, because so much can change in 2 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona