Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2013, 03:13 PM

29 posts, read 58,449 times

Advertisements

I was wondering what there is for unskilled jobs in the Phoenix metro. The most practical experience I have is 2 years in a warehouse, some in a supervisory capacity, but no stand-up forklift experience. I'm looking to relocate to the area but am just concerned I won't find full time employment. I'm 26.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 11:03 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,987,567 times
First of all don't sell yourself short by referring to yourself as "unskilled". If you've worked in a warehouse then surely you're skilled in something. You might not be a skilled white collar office job worker but you're skilled in something nonetheless. Second of all at 26 you should have more than 2 years of practical work experience. It doesn't sound like you went to college so what have you been doing with your time between high school graduation (if you graduated) and 26 (that's 8 years). Warehouse jobs typically aren't very picky about who they hire and you shouldn't have a problem getting a job at a warehouse here. We have plenty of them like Amazon has two warehouses here and they hire periodically. If you have basic communication and computer skills then apply to Target or Walmart or any grocery store or convenience store they seem to hire on a regular basis and you don't need rocket science skills to work those jobs. Start putting your resume together and check out sites such as "Indeed" and "Monster" and start applying for jobs you feel you are qualified for. Best of luck!

Old 09-03-2013, 03:39 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,278,027 times
Pretty easy to get a mattress sales job here (as I did). Only skill I have is I know how to make friends with people I meet. pays between 30K and 120K depending on location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona