Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2007, 05:39 PM

2 posts, read 7,873 times

Advertisements

What is the year around weather like along H61 east of the 60/61 fork? Wind conditions? What is unimproved road conditions like at the worst times of the year? If you live in the area I would like to get some info if you can send me an e-mail....thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 05:51 PM

203 posts, read 750,112 times
Mike,

The whole area around Show Low is VERY windy in March and April - sometimes 50+ mph, depending where you are.

Otherwise it's not bad at all the rest of the year.

I lived in SL several years, and have been out to where you are describing, but cannot tell you about off the main highway conditions, etc.

It does get snow during a normal winter, so dirt roads would likely be messy then.

Hope this helped.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:08 PM

999 posts, read 4,527,992 times
Low Roller,

I was out there last year in February looking around Vernon. I was in shorts and a T-Shirt. Four days after I came back home, you guys got FOUR FEET of snow in about 36 hours!!!

Old 09-05-2007, 05:14 PM

9 posts, read 46,936 times
Default East of Show Low Hwy 61

My dad lives out in that area. He is 13 miles east of Show Low off of hwy 61. He lives on a dirt road out there. When the weather is wet it can get pretty mushy (the dirt is mostly red clay).

The county recently put cinders out on their road and it helped a lot. Generally though, we avoid going out to visit after a heavy rain or snow. If we had 4 wheel drive it would be no problem.

The snow that "and the" was talking about was a freak storm. We were all taken by surprise on that one. The area does get snow, but it almost always melts off by the next day. We have really strong sunshine here.

The wind is the one thing that makes me hesitate to recommend moving here. It gets really windy at times, its not just a little wind in the afternoon. It can blow all day and all night for days on end. We do get breaks but it is something to consider. It will be windy one week and calm the next and windy the next for about 4 months out of the year.

The summers can't be beat! It may get up to the mid 90s at the highest, but it cools down to the 60s over night. The evenings are heaven! So we get daily breaks from the heat! I don't even have air conditioning on my home! I do have heat and a wood stove though.

Hope this helps

Old 01-27-2008, 05:47 PM

3 posts, read 7,157 times
I am currently in the process of looking to moving to Concho (Concho valley) which is about 25 minutes out of show low due to the fact that property is considerably a lot cheaper then most towns. I was wondering if anyone new much about Concho and about the winter drive from Concho to show low for work? I am worried about black ice mostly. I am currently living in mesa down in the valley and want out of the valley due to the high pollution, crime, and busy city life that comes with living down here in the area. What kind of reputation does Concho (Concho Valley) have and what kind of people live there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona