U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2012, 01:07 AM

11 posts, read 36,844 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I moved to CA 2 years ago from the east coast and it hasn't gone as I'd hoped. I've found it hard to meet people, costly beyond what I anticipated and hard to find a good place to live. I'm considering leaving in a couple of months.

I am single and can open an office anywhere or am traveling so I can move anywhere. I'm considering AZ for financials and wondering if there is an area where the community is tight and is low in crime. I work in alternative medicine and plan to open an office so I'd appreciate an open-minded area as well. I would plan on leaving for the worst heat if I can.

I was thinking cave creek, Tucson, or mesa? Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 10:37 AM

219 posts, read 482,734 times
LOL.....low crime. The phoenix area is the car theft capital of the country and the has one of the highest larceny rates, which encompasses all theft, in the country. Move to Tucson. Although it isnt as "cool" (tons of bars, all 4 major pro sports) as Phoenix it's a lot more mellow, air pollution isnt as bad, cost of living is lower and it's about 5 degrees cooler in the summer time.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:05 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,065,092 times
Although Im not as negative on Phoenix as GSXR, for different reasons Tucson may be better choice - Its has a lot more of a liberal bent to it, so your alternative medicine may have a better chance. Other choices in that regard would be Sedona, but then you ll get a taste of winter.

A lot depends on your activities, what kind of weather you want, whether you want a big city, etc....

Old 02-12-2012, 12:27 PM

484 posts, read 923,847 times
Tucson sounds right for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona