Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 02:50 AM

6 posts, read 47,154 times

Advertisements

let one bite your a$$ and you will change your high and mighty attitude! I'm not scared, and I will kill a human too, if I am threatened...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 07:44 AM

150 posts, read 457,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steflee3 View Post
you live in the desert, can't you just deal with things without having to kill them? Scorpions were there before you were, they are part of the ecosystem as well as the black widow. Move into a plastic bubble with a can of lysol if living beings other that humans scare you too much.
I don't think the folks here are talking about going on a hunt throughout town to kill scorpions. It seems if they come too close to a humans living quarters it becomes a problem. So let's look at this in the reverse: If you go into the wilderness and face a mama bear with her cubs, your in her territory so she'll defend it. The same may be true for most of the animal kingdom in defending their territory. Now let's reverse it back, Your family and home is your territory and you don't want your little ones, or yourself getting stung so you "naturally" protect it. Moral of the story:

Fluffy is part of the ecosystem, let em eat!!!

Old 07-10-2009, 08:36 PM

6 posts, read 47,154 times
The cat thing sounds good, but we have coyotes and bobcats the 4 legged kind, I can't see a domestic cat surviving out here, thanks!

Old 07-11-2009, 08:11 PM

467 posts, read 1,189,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyz911 View Post
Since I just got stung by a scorpion over the weekend and we have seen 2 inside our apartment in the past week, I would like to exterminate. But I have 2 small dogs so I really don't want to use any harsh chemicals inside. I was thinking more along the lines of granules outside our apartment. I know you need to eliminate the scorpions food source to help keep them away. Has anyone used anything with any success in keeping the scorpions at bay?
Well you did say REPELLENT..is this correct?

Well, let me tell you a little story...

When my wife and I bought our first home in North Scottsdale, whic we currently still live in, the back yards was full of little critters...prairie dogs, snakes, pack rats...etc.

My wife thought they were just darling. Then one day, I told her thata I was going to lay some stuff down for scorpions and he was like....NO!

I don't want the critters hurt! Ok, no Stuff.

Then one night we were sitting in the hot tub, in the dark like we always do, and she notuced little things running all over the patio in the dark.

There must have been hundreds of them, all scurrying around the patio. So she shines a light on the little critters and sure enough....scorpions.

That was the night she said...I want them gone. But honey, the little prairie dogs! They have to go too, she said.

So the next day, I found a store at Scottdale Rd and Shea. It's at the north west corner....kind of.

If you are going west on Shea, you are going to pass Scottsdale rd. to the next street, just pass Jack-in-the-Box, turn right. Then take your first street you come too on the right. On the right hand side will be a small single floor building with tow or three shops in it. The scorpion killer is in the last slot in that building.

Go in there an ask for the scorpion killer. You will need a five gallion sprayer and I think they sell them there. However, if they don't Home Depot will have them. It must be a 5 gallon, nothing smaller.

This stuff will also take care of termites and this stuff is used by the guy that will come out to the house and charge you $50.00 a month to spray.

This part is true! The reason why I know this is, the guy was spraying the neighbors house one day and I asked him. He said...go here!

Good Luck
Head coach

Old 07-14-2009, 02:28 PM

8 posts, read 30,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoAZnative View Post
just get a cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
We had a cat...coyote ate the cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoAZnative View Post
lol nature in action, get a gun

Reading through the posts, this is as far as I've gotten, only in AZ, too funny, lol.

Old 09-14-2010, 06:55 PM

1 posts, read 10,535 times
Biphen people white liquid mix with water kills them dead

Old 09-14-2010, 07:39 PM

80 posts, read 112,297 times
This thread was a bit too lengthy for me to check every reply, so if I'm repeating someone's information, please ignore mine. There is a spray called Terro Scorpion Killer. It is NOT pet or child friendly, but is apparently safe once it has dried. No one should inhale the fumes. You can use in indoors or out. Fortunately, I have not needed to use it as yet, but I keep a can close at hand. Nothing gives me the creeps worse than scorpions, or those darn sun spiders (?) that look like them. I got my Terro at our local Ace. Not sure who else carries it.

HTH
Jann

Old 09-15-2010, 07:38 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
We found a nearby source for diatamaceous (sp?) earth at the Stockyard in Glendale, on Thunderbird. We are going to try piling it up about 2 feet all around the house to see if that works.
Just an FYI, you can pick up DE at most pool supply stores as well. It's used in older DE pool filters.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:50 PM

1 posts, read 9,980 times
Oh I guess I will have to get me some chickens then to eat the scorpions

[mod cut-- do not post links]

Last edited by observer53; 06-25-2011 at 10:51 PM..

Old 08-07-2011, 01:19 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,722,170 times
When my family first moved to Phoenix 12 years ago we found three scorpions in the house were were staying in. I found that hairspray actually kills them because it clogs their pores causing them to suffocate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona