Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 10:12 PM

34 posts, read 103,334 times

Advertisements

I know there are plans for a park in the Williams area, however if there was a park to be built in the Queen Creek area with at the least 7 to 10 coasters and 10 to 20 other thrilling rides, a toddler town and many themed shows. What does anyone think about this??
Please respond
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 08:39 AM

647 posts, read 3,340,021 times
Other then Waveyard in Mesa, I've not heard of any planned parks for the east valley. Yours sounds great though!! I hope it's factual info!

Old 09-16-2007, 03:51 PM

34 posts, read 103,334 times
Default amusement park

Everyone,

There is one in the planning stage right now, we are working with the Town Of Queen Creek as we speak. We are looking for other ideas that the people of Arizona would like to see. We are going to be a cross between Disney and Six Flags. Unlike the one in Williams we have real coasters. We will be posting a day by day post as to how things are progressing. We look to start this project as early as Jan 08 with the opening day Aug 09.

Anyone interested in learning more or giving ideas to us please respond.

Thank you
Coyote Canyon Theme Park

Old 09-17-2007, 09:22 AM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,788,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimolyn View Post
Everyone,

There is one in the planning stage right now, we are working with the Town Of Queen Creek as we speak. We are looking for other ideas that the people of Arizona would like to see. We are going to be a cross between Disney and Six Flags. Unlike the one in Williams we have real coasters. We will be posting a day by day post as to how things are progressing. We look to start this project as early as Jan 08 with the opening day Aug 09.

Thank you
Coyote Canyon Theme Park
I wish you all the best in this endeavour. If it gets built, I'm afraid you'll have a tough time financially. Although many things have changed since the 1960s and 70s, this idea has been tried before: Legend City in Phoenix. It was modeled after Disneyland, just on a smaller scale. Those truly were the Golden Years for Phoenix. Legend City, Phoenix Zoo, Papago Park, Botanical Gardens, and the Phoenix Giants (AAA baseball) playing at Phoenix Municipal Stadium all basically side by side. It's difficult to draw enough visitors during the summer to an outdoor venue. That said, I have many, many wonderful childhood memories of those places, especially Legend City and the stage shows of Wallace and Ladmo, Hub Kapp and the Wheel.

If you don't know the history, here's a link. Again, best of luck to you!

Legend City

Old 09-17-2007, 11:16 AM

203 posts, read 749,652 times
The Phoenix area is the reverse of the Denver area for amusement parks.

In Denver, the "Six Flags" there closes from about October until April - because it is often very cold then, and often with snow on the ground.

Any Phoenix amusement park will need to be closed from about April or May until about October - unless it is totally enclosed by a giant air-conditioned bubble of some kind.

I believe that's what killed "Legend City," it was just too damned hot for too many months of the year for people to stand outside in lines, etc.

So very good luck to anyone wishing to build a new amusement park in that desert - you'll need it.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:44 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,076,812 times
Yes, unfortunately, sitting in a roller coaster seat after it's been suspended in 115 degree heat just sounds too thrilling. lol But if you planned to only be opened from Sept to May it would be nice to have an amusement park again. Maybe in the summer you could rent the grounds out for a early morning flee market and farmers market or something.
Good luck, sounds like fun! Make sure you clear out the scorps, and rattlers though, or you'll have a few law suits to deal with!

Old 09-18-2007, 05:07 PM

647 posts, read 3,340,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimolyn View Post
Everyone,

Thank you
Coyote Canyon Theme Park
Who is "we" ? I haven't been able to turn up anything online about Coyote Canyon Theme Park. Can you post a link for additional information? Where in Queen Creek would it be located? Will there be a water park of any kind, similar to the one at Legoland that would enable you to be open in some capacity during the summer?

Old 09-18-2007, 05:16 PM

611 posts, read 2,306,951 times
I think this is great. Building a big theme park with a Disney/Six Flags concept would be an asset to the Phoenix area.

Regarding being too hot here, I disagree. For example, Castles n Coasters in Phoenix doesn't close during the summer. There are big theme parks in Dallas, Atlanta, and Orlando. And, they have the humidity on top of the heat.

I say welcome to Coyote Canyon Theme Park. I hope you become a reality!

Old 09-19-2007, 12:16 PM

203 posts, read 749,652 times
I too think a major amusement park in Phoenix would be great (as there's nothing like it there now) - IF it is feasible.

But do Orlando, Atlanta and Dallas have 110+ degree heat for 3-4 months of the year? Do they have 100+ degree heat for 5-6 months a year?

Maybe these new people can make a go of it (inside, air-conditioned waiting line areas, using cloth seats on rides rather than vinyl, etc.,) but I just wanted to warn them of the challenge they face.

However, I do believe that a major high-tec waterpark area of the main park would be beneficial in allowing at least part of the park to operate year round - their greatest income being made in the late Fall through early Spring months.

I wish them well.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:12 PM

683 posts, read 2,650,299 times
Queen Creek is a short drive from Tucson. I'd be willing to take my kids up there if it was worth the trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona