Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 08:40 PM

9,469 posts, read 10,796,574 times

Advertisements

I am looking for some information about the Arizona teaching job market. Due to a job situation we may be forced to move to another state. We are currently in Michigan, but the job market for teachers here is terrible, as is every other job market here. We are looking at alot of different options including the southeast, the oil/gas boom states like ND and MT, and the growing states of the desert southwest. Arizona is on the short list because of its warm dry weather, mountains and outdoor activities. Living in rural Mi all my life outdoor things are important to me. I have heard over the years that Arizona has a need for teachers (special ed) and was wondering what part of Arizona has the best market for teachers??? Pheonix? Tuscon?? or is it more in rural areas. Any info would be helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 08:49 PM

455 posts, read 1,498,674 times
If you are a Special Ed teacher, you can pretty much choose where you want to work. Salary, on the other hand, will be more in the Metro areas than in the rural ones.

Curly

Old 06-12-2012, 11:23 PM

344 posts, read 642,687 times
The Sierra Vista SD is looking for qualified Sped teachers.. This is primarilly a military community with wonderful people.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:37 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,321,953 times
If indeed (as mentioned) Sierra Vista has openings in your field you might want to SERIOUSLY consider it. Based on your apparent preference for a "rural" area, it would be perfect for you (since it's a relatively small city with easy access to "outdoor" activities). It's also very low crime and has a nearly ideal climate (not too hot, not too cold).
Check out the specifics in the link below:

//www.city-data.com/city/Sierra-Vista-Arizona.html

Ken

Old 06-13-2012, 09:16 PM

9,469 posts, read 10,796,574 times
Thank you everyone for your input. I have made note of Sierra Vista, sounds and looks like a nice place from the pics on the internet and info ive looked up. We have until the next school year starts to figure this out, so thats a few months. Two months to find a job, uproot my family and move out of state. Its going to be a crazy summer.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:42 PM

SV District is hiring now, they plan to end by July, get you app in.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:43 PM

16 posts, read 31,935 times
Palominas School District, just south of Sierra Vista, is also hiring a K-8 Sped. teacher. It is a beautiful area, great, small school (one class of each grade,) and friendly people. The pay is not fantastic, especially compared to other states, but the cost of living is significantly less as well. Here is the district website: Palominas School District The school that is hiring for Sped. is Valley View, you can scroll to the bottom of the page to link to the school site. Best of luck!

Old 06-20-2012, 07:50 AM

4 posts, read 7,292 times
I am also looking to relocate to Arizona, preferably the Tuscon area. I am currently certified in Elementary Education in SC, which qualifies me for teaching grades 2-6. Does anyone know of any information about school districts or job opportunities in this area? I have done some research and see that grades 5-8 are middle school in Arizona? Also, I have heard that a lot of parents send their kids to private or charter schools, is this true? Any advice of where to look would be great! Thanks!

Old 06-22-2012, 11:12 PM

In Tucson submit to these districts in order.
1. Catalina Foothills
2. Vail
3. Amphi
4. Flowing Wells
5. Sahuarita.
6. Tucson Dist 1.
7. Sunnyside.

Charter schools pay less than Public and there is much turnover.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:55 AM

484 posts, read 969,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salpointe59 View Post
In Tucson submit to these districts in order.
1. Catalina Foothills
2. Vail
3. Amphi
4. Flowing Wells
5. Sahuarita.
6. Tucson Dist 1.
7. Sunnyside.

Charter schools pay less than Public and there is much turnover.
That is not true of all charters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona